Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  •  

Jethro Tull,Thick As A Brick.

Because it's been a sunny day and the whole album always makes me smile.

APL

"Cleanliness and chickens. Those are two concepts I will always stand by"
    Geddy Lee
  • Jo_ey said:

Purity Ring "Lofticries"

Someone on here actually recommended them to me and now I'm obsessed with them 8->

It was me, if it was via an excellent video cut from a cult swedish film, that Taratino got the eye patch idea for Kill Bill.

'Grandloves' is an amazing track.
  • Gets better and better with every listen........

I am totally sold on this album now. Perfect soundtrack for my late night at work, alone, on a hot summer night.

Cheers Carpy. Although i had seen this album cover around, like a Dr Who series story arc, so something was drawing me in subconsciously :-)
  • I am totally sold on this album now. Perfect soundtrack for my late night at work, alone, on a hot summer night.

Cheers Carpy. Although i had seen this album cover around, like a Dr Who series story arc, so something was drawing me in subconsciously :-)

It just works as a whole, doesn't it? The classical elements, both obvious and less so, somehow don't stand out like sore thumbs which is very clever. If I understand right she's working on a full classical release next which I'm pretty excited for.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-19 17:14:30
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • You lot have good taste.

Emika - "She Beats" (HD, Uncensored / NSFW / Flashing Images)

Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-19 17:29:40
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:09:01
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:09:17
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Stranger said:

She's writing an opera for a Czech singer Carp. Not for herself. It's the same singer from the first track of Dva, the intro Hush. The full version is from the opera actually and sounds stunning.

I'll be grabbing that for sure. I adore Hush.

When I said working on I meant in general as was unsure quite how it would be named etc.
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:09:25
  • Great - never too much :)

Now time to slow down for the evening and prepare for some sleep - been on here all bloomin' night!

Mozart - Requiem In D Minor K 626
    Nikolaus Harnoncourt / Concentus musicas Wien
  • Bowie's cover of the Stones' 'Let's spend the night together'... mental! Even better than the original, IMHO.

• Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-19 19:38:31
  • 'Skyfall' by Adele
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Jon and Vangelis  a great tune with Vangelis`s keyboard on one of the finest synths ever CS80 , ker-woot
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-19 19:22:33
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • 'Maniac' by Peaches
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!