Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • Just been listening to Marc Radcliffe Nick Drake Special and this was very seventh tree.

Swingle Singers - River Man

• softlad said:

Can't decide whether to listen to new album before I go next week to eden sessions. Be intersting to see how much new they play. As ling as they finsh with Poplagid at the end i will be happy! :-)

• softlad said:

Be intersting to see how much new they play. As ling as they finsh with Poplagid at the end i will be happy! :-)

Have to say, the new one is splendid and I always think with them that the recorded album & live version always feel quite different for some reason. I reckon you should spin the disc a couple of times now and then enjoy the gig later.

It's win-win.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Stranger said:

Iggy Pop- Nightclubbing

I prefer Grace Jones version but the original is still really good.

I prefer the Human League one.

Love the Grace Jones version but I agree there is something about Phil's voice doing it that is magical...

Garbage - Can't cry these tears...
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-06-19 16:47:06
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  •  

Jethro Tull,Thick As A Brick.

Because it's been a sunny day and the whole album always makes me smile.

APL

"Cleanliness and chickens. Those are two concepts I will always stand by"
    Geddy Lee
  • Jo_ey said:

Purity Ring "Lofticries"

Someone on here actually recommended them to me and now I'm obsessed with them 8->

It was me, if it was via an excellent video cut from a cult swedish film, that Taratino got the eye patch idea for Kill Bill.

'Grandloves' is an amazing track.
  • Gets better and better with every listen........

I am totally sold on this album now. Perfect soundtrack for my late night at work, alone, on a hot summer night.

Cheers Carpy. Although i had seen this album cover around, like a Dr Who series story arc, so something was drawing me in subconsciously :-)
  • I am totally sold on this album now. Perfect soundtrack for my late night at work, alone, on a hot summer night.

Cheers Carpy. Although i had seen this album cover around, like a Dr Who series story arc, so something was drawing me in subconsciously :-)

It just works as a whole, doesn't it? The classical elements, both obvious and less so, somehow don't stand out like sore thumbs which is very clever. If I understand right she's working on a full classical release next which I'm pretty excited for.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-19 17:14:30
  • You lot have good taste.

Emika - "She Beats" (HD, Uncensored / NSFW / Flashing Images)

Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-19 17:29:40
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:09:01
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:09:17
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Stranger said:

She's writing an opera for a Czech singer Carp. Not for herself. It's the same singer from the first track of Dva, the intro Hush. The full version is from the opera actually and sounds stunning.

I'll be grabbing that for sure. I adore Hush.

When I said working on I meant in general as was unsure quite how it would be named etc.
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:09:25
  • Great - never too much :)

Now time to slow down for the evening and prepare for some sleep - been on here all bloomin' night!

Mozart - Requiem In D Minor K 626
    Nikolaus Harnoncourt / Concentus musicas Wien
  • Bowie's cover of the Stones' 'Let's spend the night together'... mental! Even better than the original, IMHO.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!