Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • The secret life of bee's

i was told to watch this after seeing The Help and really enjoyed that. Yeah, really liked this film too! very warm, heartfelt. just what i needed :)
  • District 9 anyone? I have had it in my head since watching last night, and feel the need to watch again sometime, I think it's a really good take on the whole alien genre. I'm reminded quite strongly of things like Alien and Quatermass Experiment, then there's this really deep ethic running through it, very good movie really.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I really enjoyed District 9 , the strong characters , effects helping the story rather than propping it up and the redemption of the protagonist drove the film for me , the ironic setting of the story in South Africa sat right with me without being too preachy . Elysium looks good , it tells a moral tale again , I`ll still enjoy it but Neil Blomkamp can`t make many more moralistic stories without getting a God complex can he ?
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-19 10:49:42
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • @Border_Mind thanks for the suggestion. Watching it tonight.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:05:20
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Stranger said:

Stoker.

One of the most brilliant films I've seen in decades.

I'm amazed I've not seen it yet as I adore most Park Chan Wook stuff so far.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:06:52
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Alan said:

@Border_Mind thanks for the suggestion. Watching it tonight.

No problem, I hope you enjoy ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • About to watch 'District 9'.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

About to watch 'District 9'.

Excellent film in so many ways - enjoy!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Thank you! Recommended by @Border_Mind.

• 'Shaving Ryan's Privates' - This won Oscars?!!? :O

Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-19 21:32:18
  • I fell asleep on 'District 9'. No, not because it was bad, but because I really was sleepy. I'll have to re-watch it tonight.
  • Alan said:

I fell asleep on 'District 9'. No, not because it was bad, but because I really was sleepy. I'll have to re-watch it tonight.

It happens eh, I often fall asleep during stuff I like, it can get problematic when you're in a semiconscious state with the menu from a horror dvd on an endless loop. Hope you get a chance to see it and some sleep ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Alan said:

I fell asleep on 'District 9'. No, not because it was bad, but because I really was sleepy. I'll have to re-watch it tonight.

It happens eh, I often fall asleep during stuff I like, it can get problematic when you're in a semiconscious state with the menu from a horror dvd on an endless loop. Hope you get a chance to see it and some sleep ;)

The main reason I fell asleep is that I was watching while lying in bed. This time I'll be standing up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!