Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 87 Comments sorted by

• I'm walking backwards for Chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiistmas, across the Irish Sea....
  • Couldn't be said any better. The world needs more positive people like you.

Yea, well, can't say I've been that successful, yet.

• Cheer up, nothing goes unnoticed.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I have compiled a list in the first post on this thread that, hopefully, has all of the pertinent suggestions.  There really weren't that many. I think this will be especially helfupful for newbies.

If anyone sees anything inaccurate, or an improvment that can be made, please let me know.  As Carpathian has already discovered, I am not always the most thorugh at things.

I re-ordered them as some just semed more important for newbies.

Has anyone done a thorough job of explaining the Prolife page., yet, somewhere?

I'm a little bothered by the fact that there are a number of terms being slung around for things and I sure didn't even attempt to clean that up, yet.  I'm talking about things like "post" and "comment" meaning exactly the same thing.  I guess I'll wait until it confuses someone.

A real problem exists for any further entries.  Whatever number of characters I used is very near the limit.  So, I'm not sure what I would do next.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-15 17:12:29
  • Only main thing I'd change on that summary is to tidy up the text layout for my initial 'messaging' bit as that seems to have become a bit fractured in the copy/paste, especially the wrapped paragraphs and dead lines.

Also, maybe a credit to those who posted the help initially? That might encourage others to share their knowledge going forward. People always prefer the carrot to the stick.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Please check it, again, Carpathian.  Let me know if I missed anything on your thread.  I eliminated the inserted paragraph marks (why they are duplicated, I don't know). I may have to go back and fix that across the board.  What the page seems  to do, randomly, concerning inserting them in the middle or near beginnings of lines is pretty weird.  That could have been me, I guess..

Concerning credits, remember, I was running out of characters.  If the entries fior that post bulks up much more, I will go to a solution in which there are not character limits and, hence, can add credits.  I'll try on this one, but I"m pretty sure I'll run short.  I was very near the limit.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-16 09:15:16
  • Yay!  Credits fit!
  • Why do all my comments end up looking so messed up after I have posted them? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong? :-/

Okay, I give up with this place already...
    Post edited by Minsku at 2013-06-18 15:04:28
  • Minsku said:

Why do all my comments end up looking so messed up after I have posted them? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong? :-/

Depending on whether any pics etc are added I've noticed that it sometimes adds extra spacing. One way to check is to toggle the source code button on/off to see what the site is doing. That's the final red on white icon that looks like a page.

If you copy text into a post you sometimes get them scrunched up into a left justified paragraph. If that happens copy it out into Notepad, set word wrap off then paste it back in again. That can be caused by where the text comes from as much as on here.

There's two ideas for you!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• People who quote - PLEASE ONLY QUOTE THE RELEVANT PART OF THE POST!

You really don't need to quote the entire ten paragraphs all over again, what purpose does it serve? 
    And the same goes for pictures.  None of this requires a degree in computers, if it did I'd be fecked straight off.  Before pressing 'Post Comment' simply touch the picture with your mouse, press 'delete' and voila!  The picture/s disappear thereby freeing up lots and lots of space and making it a hell of a lot easier to read the board.

Touch and go whether this got posted in the 'RANT!' thread to be honest.
  • Minsku said:

Why do all my comments end up looking so messed up after I have posted them? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong? :-/

Depending on whether any pics etc are added I've noticed that it sometimes adds extra spacing. One way to check is to toggle the source code button on/off to see what the site is doing. That's the final red on white icon that looks like a page.

If you copy text into a post you sometimes get them scrunched up into a left justified paragraph. If that happens copy it out into Notepad, set word wrap off then paste it back in again. That can be caused by where the text comes from as much as on here.

There's two ideas for you!

Ah, thanks a lot Carpy!

Problem solved. :)
  • Take away my keyboard ... but, I swear you'll lose some fingers!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!