Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Maida Vale session - BBC 6Music - 15 Oct 2013
  • 388 Comments sorted by
  • In that case we REALLY need somebody to record the original lunchtime red button broadcast for an electronic sharing-fest as knowing the BBC the highlights will be only half to two thirds of the full thing!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I`ve watched/recorded the Policia show today , they played 34 minutes at their Maida Vale thingy do dah show - cue angry shouts and burning torches from the whining disaffected section of the forum .

On the plus side , there were lots of long shots of people sat on their arses looking at monitors.....um .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-10-14 08:19:14
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ^did you watch it on the webcast or the red button?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-14 08:21:08
  • I watched/recorded the red button , I think they`ll show all the live bits on the highlights seeing as (if its the same as Policia)  then there`ll only be 34ish minutes of it (including chattsies) - they`ll be able to cut out the 26 minutes of umming , ahhhing , arsescratching and playing Chris De Burgh records .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-10-14 08:23:47
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Hmm. Sorry that i keep mentioning the B4L session (last year), but i was annoyed about that because they only red-buttoned 5 of the 7 songs, and missed out lots of interesting banter & question-answering. In that case the non-shown bits were much more than arsescratching.
    Anyway, ill get my skybox to record the whole session as broadcast on the radio station. For some reason, my skybox won't record anything on red button, but I'll try and record it via magic converter box... onto my PC.
  • Aha , I`d misunderstood your note on B4L and thought you meant they hadn`t showed it at all . I`m in the house so I`ll record it as it is , I am a little um...ponderous as to what or where will be the highest quality source...mmm , the Red button is showing as only 544x576 . I`ll demux the audio so you all have the original mpa 192kps 48hz source (without any loss of quality from re-encoding) , the video (as transmitted) will be about 1 gig in size ...which will be um..interesting to share* . I`m hoping/expecting the highlights shows to be a higher quality (boring tech. reasons deleted) but we`ll see . 

They honestly did have lots of arsescratching - no flippancy intended while they introduced and played songs for the radio (or it would be dead air) while things were getting ready 

I take it your Sky is a + box , they don`t have a `BBC Red button` that`ll record , as its similar to the extra magic railway platform in Harry Potter . 

*yes , I know Bitorrent exists but quite candidly I can`t be bothered with it .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-10-14 09:03:23
  • I think the best bet is we all record every version (live radio, live red button, highlights red button, highlights web) between us and then see what we have. Sounds like what's going on anyway though so I'm sure all will be well.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-10-14 09:01:23
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Rob, mine's a Sky-HD box, from around 2009. The later model they offered me didn't have the RGB component outputs... and they are what I use to extract the HD (analogue) content, so I said no fanks.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-14 09:04:54
  • Wonder if Alex has started the queue yet? ;-)
  • Rob, mine's a Sky-HD box, from around 2009. The later model they offered me didn't have the RGB component outputs... and they are what I use to extract the HD (analogue) content, so I said no fanks.

I`ve got a plugin HD usb stick thingummy , so it saves the SD or HD streams as they`re broadcast . Had some stress getting it to work again over the weekend , when I forgot how to do it "..ggrrr...arrghhh..grr...begads"

If he hasn't, it won't be long before he does.
  • This is a online "service" that uses the phrase "Catch up" as a synonym for basically stealing borrowing other channels programs and re-broadcasting them . This should link to the Red Button page for the BBC , obviously all of us in the UK can watch it on TV or the iPlayer but those who are unable to due to being not in the UK (and not using a workaround) , should be able to watch it live via the link below - if anyone outside the UK can vouch as to whether this is working or not please ?

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-10-14 13:41:39
  • Sartori said:

This is a online "service" that uses the phrase "Catch up" as a synonym for basically stealing borrowing other channels programs and re-broadcasting them . This should link to the Red Button page for the BBC , obviously all of us in the UK can watch it on TV or the iPlayer but those who are unable to due to being not in the UK (and not using a workaround) , should be able to watch it live via the link below - if anyone outside the UK can vouch as to whether this is working or not please ?

It says it can't transmit the Red Button... Unable to connect to the network..

Ha ha ha! Lol. I listened to the Polica thing today and it sounds great. Glad im going to see her live. Im at work so cant go to it but ill try to listen if I dont get interupted at werk tomorrow. Enjoy
  • I'm watching the Polica "highlights" on Red Button now (as I thought - recording disabled on Sky). Looks/sounds good, but not HD obviously.

Ooh, talking to them about their instruments and getting demos (+ questions from the audience).. this is the sort of stuff they chopped out of the B4L sesh (OK I'LL SHUT UP ABOUT IT NOW - FOREVER - I PROMISE!)

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-14 15:46:51

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!