Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of The Lesbian Serial Killer
  • Ok, I've watched the five movies and read the lyrics. Is Tales Of Us about a split personality? A woman who kills? Alison talked about duality and transformation, so I wondered if the presence of two Alisons in the films meant she was was exploring self torment. Just occurred to me when I read the comment about 'the horror of the mind' in an interview.

• 46 Comments sorted by
  • Nice stab.. yes there are two Alisons in Jo and Drew and the suggestion of dual presence (the past/youth and the present/old age) in Stranger.. i would say that yes TOU is partially perhaps about a dissociative personality but you still have tales like Annabel and Laurel that seem like standalones, as well as the man tracks Alvar and Clay..
  • Yes, it's like a subtext running behind the other stories, so maybe just a few of the songs are linked (the ones which got made into films) but I can't help thinking the 'Us' in the album title is a collection of schizophrenic personalities all in conflict with each other.

The films are amazing. The album really is like a weird book of fairy/folk tales.

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Did anyone who watched the films notice the house featured in Jo? The cover of TOU is shot in the upstairs room next to the spiral staircase. She's wearing the same dress. Is Alison playing the serial killer in Jo? Hmmmm....let's investigate!
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2013-10-11 23:13:00
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • yes....so many mysteries.......the last 3 are awesome.........
  • I've diagnosed the character in Jo as having Dissociative Identity Disorder. What do I win?! :D
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2013-10-12 01:45:07
    U R I E L
  • A blow to the head with an axe.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • A free imaginary movie poster...

• iuventus said:

A blow to the head with an axe.

I think you should be Henry VIII for Halloween...without the syphilis (hopefully).
    U R I E L
  • I just want to add "I'm not getting personal" iuventus. I found your comment hilarious! Mine even more so.
    U R I E L
  • No, I'm definitely funnier.
  • Maybe I should stick to psychology.. ;))
    U R I E L
  • Or to cake eating.
  • Please don't cake-jack this thread iuventus. I don't want to get diabetes.
    U R I E L
  • How about a sugar-, gluten-, dairy-, and egg-free cake jack?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!