Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 80 Comments sorted by
  • The lesbian serial killer storyline rumor--true oe false--is attributed to the video, not to the song.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Or Patti LuPone.

Marry me? LuPonistas FOR LIFE! :)
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • I'm not one for marriage, but I'd be happy to rip on that 'til we get tired of looking at each other's faces.
  • ^ (Sounds like marriage to me) Oh, and error60091 has taken the words from my mouth on this one.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Vesper said:

Hart said:

Btw I disagree with that lesbian serial killer story if you refer to Patricia Highsmith book (Carol), talking about two women who fall in love despite their two different worlds. There's no murder in it and this is Stranger.

After all the interviews and articles I read, I conclude that the 5 films are : Jo, Annabel, Drew, Laurel and Clay. The lesbian serial killer is probably from Jo if you refer to the murderous lyrics... Just saying.

i have seen it... it's a storyline dreamt up by Lisa Gunning while she's on plane listening to the song for the firstt time...
    not much to say over at nowness.com
  • i genuinely thought this was a thread about the board member ;oD
  • *spoiler* A short is already made. It's about a lesbian serial killer luring strangers on a beach...

Ah-ha! I just wanted to say that.

I'm looking forward to seeing this.
    :)
  • im kind of obsessed with it. i did an 8 hour shift today and that was the only song buzzing around in my head. id constantly find myself humming/singing/whistling along to it without even realising. i love it.
  • infact... this should be mailed off to the big film studio bosses to convince them that Goldfrapp should do the next Bond theme. As someone mentioned already, its very John Barry, and i agree.
    Post edited by cookiee_munster at 2013-10-09 11:56:27
  • Im going to get totally ostracised for this but everyones allowed an opinion so this is mine.
    All of these videos have totally lost me in a big way. I really do not like the content of any of them and find it quite distasteful in some aspects. They do nothing to emphasise the quality of the music but distract me and not in a good way either. I find them grim, over-sexualised, boring, not as arty as Ms Gunning might think they are and to be honest, totally fucking depressing.
    I'm really annoyed that I feel this way about my favourite band but I'm not going to force myself to like it just for the sake of liking the band! 
    I can safely say I will NOT be paying my money to see this at the cinema whether they perform at the showings or not. Feel bloody annoyed that I'm paying extortionate money for the deluxe version now these videos are part of the package meaning a large percentage to me is a waste of money.
    Maybe Im just not open minded enough to "get" what its all about but I know what I like and don't like and unfortunately this comes under the latter. Never thought I would say Im bitterly disappointed by Goldfrapp but in this instance I am. I shall just listen to the music from now on 
    :(
  • By all means, don't feel bad about your opinion Hells. She's done some stuff in the past that I wasn't keen on either. I'm not going to get into it, but it was bad. I'm still a fan regardless. I find these short films have a mystery element and I love a good mystery. I suppose Annabel, Drew and Laurel are the lighter ones...Stranger and Jo dark....somewhere in-between lies the shadow of opinion. I'm sorry you feel disappointed Hells...they're just stories. Not everyone's cuppa though.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • image Songs about murder and lovers who die in war and people who are forced to live as someone they are not often have depressing videos. More at 11
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • And I just hate how Annabel is dancing so carefree and full of joy in her secret daylight. How very grim!
  • iuventus said:

And I just hate how Annabel is dancing so carefree and full of joy in her secret daylight. How very grim!

ha ha, yes, exactly. I find the films exciting, like watching a thriller. I think the band and Lisa Gunning have created something with depth, thought-provoking and inspiring. And if it is all a bit sad, remember that Alison recently lost her mother.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!