Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Is this the end of the “fasties”?
  • Alison once mentioned, “We like the slowies”, I believe in the iTunes originals recordings?

What with Tales of Us sounding sombre and “grown up” as you’d say, do you think the band have now left the rompy stompy type stuff behind them for good?
    I’m just putting this out there for thoughts/opinions etc.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-09 11:45:31
  • 14 Comments sorted by
  • I thought something like this too after Seventh Tree, but then Head First happened. So I guess no one knows for sure?
  • The answer is blowing in the wind?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • good god i hope not
  • I don't think you can ever tell, but I am kind of expecting something a bit more electro next time, but it's up to them entirely ;)

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • i really hope not, i love all frapp but the black cherry & supernature era are so special to me, i really hope they try that era again..... [-O<  but as with everything only time will tell.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • think i might go & listen to BC & SN for a bit, they my best..... :)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I would have thought we'd all learnt by now it's depended on Alison's mood at the time. Slower at the moment as she's in a happy relationship so she's cool and chilled out and enjoying life. Quicker stuff for having a good old stomp about to shake the bad stuff out of yourself.
  • if that's the case then it's the end of the fasties...... (happy relationship so she's cool and chilled out and enjoying life.)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Never say never. Look what found its way onto Tales Of Us with Thea...
    Be patient.
  • I think and this may be more wish than anything else, but Thea surely points the way to the direction of the next album.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • HolyOwl said:

Never say never. Look what found its way onto Tales Of Us with Thea...

I'll wait to hear Lee before consulting my paperweight
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • i do agree here actually. when i head thea i thought "oooh, this ones a little more upbeat than the others!" it has a good energy to it.
  • So, no grindcore?

Totally possible.
  • I wouldn't really mind since the band started out with FM with "their slowies". And FM is still my fave Goldfrapp album. But I personally I think this is just one of Goldfrapp's aspects. Another album will highlight another aspect. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!