Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Setlists - more variety, please
  • I know the forum isn't a place to submit personal requests, but I would LOVE it if Alison & co would add more variety to their setlists.  There are some iconic, classic tracks which should always be performed and probably always will -- think "Strict Machine", but now with 6 proper albums they have enough of a back catalog to explore some of the under-performed tracks.  I'm probably spoiled having seen them on every tour since Felt Mountain, but I would gladly trade in "You Never Know" or  "Number 1" for a couple of rarely heard tracks.  Or, in some cases, tracks they've never performed live.  If you had your way, what songs would you ask Goldfrapp to add into the setlists (which seem to vary very little from gig to gig).  Mine would likely be:

Human
    Deer Stop
    HorseTears
    Tiptoe
    Forever
    Lovely 2 C U
    Let It Take You
    Slide In
    Monster Love
    Shiny and Warm
    Yes Sir, I can Boogie
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-20 17:46:57
  • 54 Comments sorted by
  • Shiny and Warm was played at Somerset House, and I believe in Bristol and Love Box this year too.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I'm not so keen to hear Happiness live, and would adore to hear Forever.
  • i really want to hear the following Live......

Ride A White Horse - Strict Machine - Ooh La La - Train - & - Beautiful.....

then i'll be the happiest frapper around

B-) :D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I'm not so keen to hear Happiness live, and would adore to hear Forever.

haha, yeah i could live without 'happiness' too, though its much better live than on the album. for me anyhow. 
    i think i'd like to have different sets depending on my mood, a bit like what tatty did with his playlists.
  • I'd also love to hear more extended versions as they allow improvisation and add more interest & excitement. RAWH, Little Bird, and of course Strict Machine are good examples.....
  • I'd pay extra to not hear Happiness , its one very short step away from the Birdy Song to me
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Little Bird is a lovely track anyway. But it was very special for me when i heard it live. Proper give me goosebumps.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I was never keen on Little Bird on 7T but love it live.
    I would love to hear Beautiful live, Voicething (c'mon who wouldn't creme their pants with Alison doing the breathing thing on that?) and Sartorius.
  • I was never keen on Little Bird on 7T but love it live.

And how!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I must be the only person who thinks Little Bird is completely mind numbingly boring live.
  • ^ I love it but I am an acid casualty
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Even after the Head First campaign i think Voicething is perfect for starting and coming on the stage to. i can still see in my head the tune coming on and Alison walking out. Will remember that forever. Perfect.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • iuventus said:

I was never keen on Little Bird on 7T but love it live.

And how!

Hard to explain really but I just thought the track on the album was so dreary to the point of being boring. Hearing it live with the extended bit in the middle building up to a fantastic sound just for me is better live. The album version just doesnt do it for me.
  • You folks talking about Little Bird Live, is it just coincidence but this video was apparently recommended for me by you tube, I feel so honoured, quite nice footage, shame about the folks talking, Liverpool 2008, were any of you there by any chance?

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I love all versions of Little Bird because I have a little soft spot for it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!