Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Later/Jools (Pixies + Chvrches tonight)
  • 28 Comments sorted by
  • Gggrrrrrr...nothing :( Thanks though!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I can't say I was impressed by 'owt on Jools. 

Only thing that made me smile was the ADD  woman doing tha Sly Stone take .... 

Trouble with Jools is it's always worn out old guitar bands. It's a bit like the weird feeling you get when you hear a skateboard rattling away behind you and when it goes past there's a bloody 30 something on it... I mean some things have a cut off date, and skateboards it's sometime around the late teens!

I'd dare not say quite when it'd be for guitar rebels!  
  • I don't hate guitars, and i certainly don't think there's an age limit on who can play them.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • not guitars as such but there's a certain kind of band that's best left to those under 30, right.

and the Pixies are one of 'em 

if you've got a double chin and no hair - because you're bald not because you shaved it off - then ....

I like guitar in certain hands .... like, Jimi Hendrix, 

old black guys playing blues  seem to get away with it, they have style but .... old white guys just look daft eg Mick jagger and the Rattling Bones

• At least Keef's teef haven't aged...

• Daft is subjective :)
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Beth Ditto ?. I like her.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I like her too. That's part of my point.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Pixies are still great. The new stuff still has that crazy edge that bands lose after 10 years. Plus Joey is looking younger than ever (such an underrated guitar player). Plus that ain't Kim Deal, she left while recording new stuff!

Pretty good Jools for me ...liked most of performances for a change. :-)

Chvches performed well for a synth band but unfortunately when you on with Janelle you don't stand a chance. I remember seeing her Glastonbury a few years back and I was blown away by the show the show they put on ...despite it not usually being my sound. But wow, the performance. Reminds me of 80's Prince. On record she's so-so, but live she is amazing :-)
  • Yes, Janelle not my cup of tea, musically... but she certainly held my attention throughout.

Here's the other Pixies song "Wave of mutilation":
  • At least Keef's teef haven't aged...

The opening riff on Honky Tonk Women is brilliant.... ha ha I first heard it on a juke box in a cafe on the Isle of White 1970. Fantastic, they had their moments
  • OK had a flick through Chvrches album on iTunes. Like Tether as it's free as single of the week. Not blown away on first listen but a few tracks I think could be growers. Will wait until its a bit cheaper to buy
  • wait a mo

Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-09-30 19:23:46
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!