Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Entertain me! (the twisted & disturbing are welcome)
  • 1870 Comments sorted by
  • The introduction of a new gender-neutral noun+pronoun would be welcome in English too, in order to replace the clumsy "he or she". As in "when he or she presses the button". Using "they" is not really correct for singular cases.

I wouldn't want to see "he/she" and "his/her" abolished, but a replacement term used where an individual prefers it would be fine, I think.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-24 14:58:57
  • @A_is_A ...."Let the record show that I LOVE WORDS and reserve the right to be both top and bottom!"

You and me both! (Although I tend to take control)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2013-09-24 14:22:16
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Kiyuri said:

Hey! Do you lot MIND????!!!!!!

Come on! It's the best post here.

Could watch that flash animation all day.
  • A_is_A said:

It’s always been interesting to me that lesbians for
    example, even in this day and age are still very much into the
    butch/femme/top/bottom esthetic. These are women who are free to choose
    anything they want and yet they choose these archetypical male/female roles
    even when the esthetic doesn’t match their sexually reality.

Anyway, don’t want to get into a whole boring political
    conversation. Let the record show that I LOVE WORDS and reserve the right to be both top and bottom! 

something i've often pondered myself.
  • I don't want to turn this into a lesbo thread...but it seems Kiyuri already has, so I will continue. I was recently talking to this stripper who also happened to be ultralezzie. Our convo was about how different girls bring out different kinds of sexual energy in us. That's what I looove, all the different ways...how can you put a label on that? We've all been socialized to adopt these roles, so maybe a butch woman who feels like a man inside is just expressing what her version of a man is? It's all very interesting.
    U R I E L
  • Ponygurl said:

I don't want to turn this into a lesbo thread...but it seems Kiyuri already has...

Huh? How so?

BTW, I only just saw Kiyuri's animation... thought his post was just the corgi pic.

Eep! (watched, praying one of my lodgers didn't walk in, lol)

• I'm teasing HJ.. :P (although I've heard they're replacing the word "lesbian" with "cunt destroyer"...only in Brighton though...heehee..heeeee)
    U R I E L
  • Ah, fair do's!

BTW, this summer, I had - for the first time - a guest ring up for a booking, and say they were a gay couple, and would that be OK!? Might have been because there was an infamous case recently where a couple running a guesthouse, also in Cornwall, refused a gay couple. I think they said they objected not because of their sexuality but because they weren't married. Doh!

• ^
    Bible bashing bigots, exactly the cause of my rantings yesterday.

Where they a nice couple who came to stay at yours then?
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • ^ Yes.. a female couple... they were some of the friendliest guests I had all summer. :-)

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-25 16:45:25
  • Glad to hear it H_J. Have your guests ever walked into the lobby with Goldfrapp playing? ;)

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • ^ Funnily enough, I've not noticed many guests having similar musical testes to mine, until this summer.. a couple were jealous that I was going to see Sigur Ros (at Eden).. and it turned out we liked other acts/bands too (eg Goldfrapp and John Grant). Was a nice surprise as none of my lodgers have been into similar music...
  • that's nice maybe you have a reputation eh, I better not hijack this thread any longer and let people get back to talking about what they were talking about ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • This thread is virtually unhijackable.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • People might wanna pop in & greet me with a "hi Jack"... no?

* surrenders to bad pun police *

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!