Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Entertain me! (the twisted & disturbing are welcome)
  • 1870 Comments sorted by
  • I love the Swede's openness but, i must confess, that i am personally saddened by the prospect of a gender neutral vocabulary. When they start abolishing words, what will happen to poetry??  There are no good sonnets without sexes, you need the she's and he's of it, the masculine and the feminine both. The world is so big and beautiful you need all the words you can to describe it, It's a shame people get so pedantic about sex.

Side note:
    Paris is crazy :D

And...
    Saizo- That is the creepiest clown ever! John Wayne Gacy-ish if you ask me. Poor school children, or drunkard that runs into that thing in the middle of the night!

Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-09-22 23:35:03
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • No, I think you misunderstood M. It's in place to allow children not to be placed into gender roles. Society conditions children into taking on roles..ie..girls play with dolls, boys with cars. This way it allows the child to pick whatever they feel. There is no conditioning then. It's about freedom when you think about it.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I don't have a lot to contribute to this thread, but the title made me think of this great song...

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Pony

That was a great post! I enjoyed reading and thinking about it. I believe the real danger is not the gender roles themselves, or words that define the roles, but society forcing its will on the individual. If
    you read the last two sentences of the HEN article you’ll get to “the British town of Brighton proposed abolishing titles like "Miss," "Mrs" and "Mr," replacing them with the gender-neutral "Mx". My concern is not the adding of new words into vocabulary but, the abolishing of existing words. It’s a subtle but pervasive form of mind control ( It is impossible to think about concepts that you have no words for).

We have now ventured into the very dangerous territory of making certain words
    forbidden because they hurt other people’s feelings (and are therefore “bad”). What will happen when i become offended at being called old, or fat, or Latina, or blonde for that matter. Whose rights to feelings are more imortant than others? Where does it stop and who gets to decide? ”This
    notion of forbidding people “ Bad Words” is a danger because at its base the
    concept is illogical.

I remember not too long ago some man chastising Alison for
    using the term lezza. He insisted that she not use it again and that she was
    ignorant for using it!? A man who by definition is not a lesbian,
    telling a lesbian what words she is allowed to call herself...Its absurd.

I see no problem with gender roles if people are free to
    chose or not choose them. It’s always been interesting to me that lesbians for
    example, even in this day and age are still very much into the
    butch/femme/top/bottom esthetic. These are women who are free to choose
    anything they want and yet they choose these archetypical male/female roles
    even when the esthetic doesn’t match their sexually reality.

Anyway, don’t want to get into a whole boring political
    conversation. Let the record show that I LOVE WORDS and reserve the right to be both top and bottom!

-FAB video Border! Had not seen it before.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-09-24 00:05:39
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • The introduction of a new gender-neutral noun+pronoun would be welcome in English too, in order to replace the clumsy "he or she". As in "when he or she presses the button". Using "they" is not really correct for singular cases.

I wouldn't want to see "he/she" and "his/her" abolished, but a replacement term used where an individual prefers it would be fine, I think.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-24 14:58:57
  • @A_is_A ...."Let the record show that I LOVE WORDS and reserve the right to be both top and bottom!"

You and me both! (Although I tend to take control)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2013-09-24 14:22:16
    U R I E L
  • Kiyuri said:

Hey! Do you lot MIND????!!!!!!

Come on! It's the best post here.

Could watch that flash animation all day.
  • A_is_A said:

It’s always been interesting to me that lesbians for
    example, even in this day and age are still very much into the
    butch/femme/top/bottom esthetic. These are women who are free to choose
    anything they want and yet they choose these archetypical male/female roles
    even when the esthetic doesn’t match their sexually reality.

Anyway, don’t want to get into a whole boring political
    conversation. Let the record show that I LOVE WORDS and reserve the right to be both top and bottom! 

something i've often pondered myself.
  • I don't want to turn this into a lesbo thread...but it seems Kiyuri already has, so I will continue. I was recently talking to this stripper who also happened to be ultralezzie. Our convo was about how different girls bring out different kinds of sexual energy in us. That's what I looove, all the different ways...how can you put a label on that? We've all been socialized to adopt these roles, so maybe a butch woman who feels like a man inside is just expressing what her version of a man is? It's all very interesting.
    U R I E L
  • Ponygurl said:

I don't want to turn this into a lesbo thread...but it seems Kiyuri already has...

Huh? How so?

BTW, I only just saw Kiyuri's animation... thought his post was just the corgi pic.

Eep! (watched, praying one of my lodgers didn't walk in, lol)

• I'm teasing HJ.. :P (although I've heard they're replacing the word "lesbian" with "cunt destroyer"...only in Brighton though...heehee..heeeee)
    U R I E L
  • Ah, fair do's!

BTW, this summer, I had - for the first time - a guest ring up for a booking, and say they were a gay couple, and would that be OK!? Might have been because there was an infamous case recently where a couple running a guesthouse, also in Cornwall, refused a gay couple. I think they said they objected not because of their sexuality but because they weren't married. Doh!

• ^
    Bible bashing bigots, exactly the cause of my rantings yesterday.

Where they a nice couple who came to stay at yours then?
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • ^ Yes.. a female couple... they were some of the friendliest guests I had all summer. :-)

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-25 16:45:25
  • Glad to hear it H_J. Have your guests ever walked into the lobby with Goldfrapp playing? ;)

It's a re-creation
    My imagination

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!