Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 77 Comments sorted by
  • Born & lived 10 years in Milwaukee, US. Parents emigrated (with me, obv) to the Yorkshire village where they met - Robin Hood's Bay... where I (mis-)spent my teens. Then lived Allovertheshop for about 5 years, followed by 2 years in Hertfordshire (flat, a bit boring). 20 years studying/drinking/working in Sussex (Brighton & later Hove), which I still love... but then (mid-life 'now-or-never' moment) decided to quit job and relocate to sunny Cornwall, which is where I'm at now.

Pic of RH Bay...image

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-06-16 14:25:53
  • oh never mind...
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-02 17:48:46
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Good thread; in the Olde Place you could put this in your Profile (if you wanted to, of course) but can't see a place for it here.

For me, sort of parallel universe to Carpy: Originally from the Deep South of rural Shropshire (Clee Hills, Wyre Forest area); then (via Leicester Polytechnic and four years work in London...still can't believe I made it that far, do not enjoy urban living) to the North East at the start of 1992. I work on the western edge of Newcastle, but live twenty miles out along the Tyne Valley (do not enjoy urban living...).

APL

Post edited by APL at 2013-06-16 15:17:21
    "Cleanliness and chickens. Those are two concepts I will always stand by"
    Geddy Lee
  • Feeling very sedentary after reading all of the above....

I was born and raised in the leafy London borough of Harrow and then moved a few miles down the road to Northwood (where nothing much happens) and then an even shorted distance to Deepest Darkest on the outskirts of Rickmansworth in Hertfordshire...nice little town with lots of lovely countryside close by. All a relative stones throw from each other though...
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • South Shields, at the mouth of the river Tyne in North East England.

Are you going to the party?
  • The North East GMB posse fully representin' :-c
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Well I was born in the North East, but like I say, can't really call myself a true northerner

Carpathian have you picked up the accent by now?;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I don't wear black & white stripes or say "why-aye" yet but they're wearing me down :D
  • I guess you don't walk around the streets in your tshirt during  the winter either eh ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Oh, I can be guilty of that. Spending two weeks in Russia when it was -20 cured me of feeling the cold for life I think!
  • Ah, so you're both practically living the Geordie Shore experience , that's reet great mun ;)
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • staffordshire, but currently living in nottingham.

Staffs? Which bit? I used to spend a lot of Saturdays shopping in Hanley!
  • Oh, I can be guilty of that. Spending two weeks in Russia when it was -20 cured me of feeling the cold for life I think!

haha, how did you find Russia besides being cold? I kinda fascinated but too frightened by the country to want to go there really, but I sure bet it could be interesting
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Fascinating is probably the best word.

Museums like propaganda, Metro stations like art galleries, poverty like normality.

Shooting ranges under bars, vodka for blood and a squirrel hat for all.

The Provodnik in our Trans-Siberian carriage tried to sell us his rifle & uniform for Dollars.

It was an interesting visit, oh yes.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-16 18:35:57
  • Thanks for sharing, that's kind of the impression I get. I am told westerners need to watch themselves in Russia, I dunno how accurate that is. It's very risky to look a bit different from what I understand.  I think Russia's a pretty frightening place these days, but yeah am fascinated by the history. If you ever feel like sharing any photos you might have taken that would be interesting to see.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!