Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Which albums, upon release, disappointed you?
  • 77 Comments sorted by
  • God the Snake river conspiracy album was awful. Someone gave me a Sophie Ellis Bexter album once. You could imagine my level of enjoyment [-X
  • Oh yeah i remember giving a brand new Alicia Keys cd away. I got it because i liked the track that mentions, New York. Cannot remember the name of the track. Apart from that the album was poor. Shes had another out since, Girl on fire.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Pet Shop Boys albums that came straight after Behaviour. Glad to say they are back on track with latest bless them.
  • I liked Little Boots first album and thought she was such a down to Earth girl at the time. I now find her up her own arse now and shite music.
  • Archway said:

thathurt said:

The 3rd Voice of the behive album (ok I was young etc).

Ooh good one! Sex & Misery was very disappointing.

i agree but even after all this time their first album still sounds great, in particular "its just the city"-beautiful
  • Actually MOST comeback albums (after a long absense) are very disappointing whether that is to do with the time gap or the quality.

BUT one big one i forgot:

Kraftwerk - Electric Café

• iuventus said:

Any Blondie or Debbie Harry after No Exit.

Pia Zadora, Rock it Out. :P

Pia Zadora stories -

1. I had a cut out picture of her on my school log book (the sine cos tan type) along with ones of Page 3 models and the words "Pia Zadora , I Adora Her" (its in my loft somewhere haha) 
    2. she played Anne Frank in a production (thanks to hubby) and she was so shite , someone in the audience yelled "Shes in the loft"  , despite that being an untrue urban legend , it still makes me laugh 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ABC`s follow up to "Lexicon of Love" (can`t even be arsed to google its title) 
    Goldfrapp`s "Head First"
    Paul Weller - everything after the style council
    Sting - everything after the Police apart from "Russians"
    ELO - Zoom
    Erasure - Loveboat onwards , Loveboat was the biggest crock of shit I`ve ever heard

"Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • The Slits "Cut"

I like it now, though.
  • Actually MOST comeback albums (after a long absense) are very disappointing whether that is to do with the time gap or the quality.

BUT one big one i forgot:

Kraftwerk - Electric Café

I thought suede's bloodsports was a cracking comeback album 

• Oh theres a couple of PSBs albums come to think. Elysium. Hmmm. Electrics better but not great. I loved Yes.

Skunk Anansies Wonderlust. I need to listen to that a bit more.

Any sounds album. I didn't know how good Rex the dog is.

I still think of Little Boots as lil Vicky from Dead disco. And I cant hate her. Having said that she better not be shit when I see her at Heaven.

Omg Ive just found an Intastella's What you gonna do. That was terrible. Why did I not chuck it?
  • Sartori said:

Pia Zadora stories

I was totally kidding about Pia. I actually had to look up her discography to make that post.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-09-18 21:00:33
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Ladytron - Gravity the Seducer

Air - Le voyage dans la lune

They just sucked.
  • iuventus said:

Sartori said:

Pia Zadora stories

I was totally kidding about Pia. I actually had to look up her discography to make that post.

Oh you little naughty scamp ;)

• Kraftwerk - Electric Café

yep I tried to like it but it's not good. 

For me it was all over after TEE; Although for a while Computer World AND Tour de France sort of capture me, but the sound is all wrong..too clean    These days I play Radio-activity and TEE. 

I actually did like Kate Bush (really! I know I didn't earn myself any brownie points for slagging her off before ha ha ha!!) but that second album was a huge disapointment it ust sounded so ordinary after The Kick Inside
    Post edited by la_catalina at 2013-09-19 15:42:48

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!