Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Which albums, upon release, disappointed you?
  • 77 Comments sorted by
  • All Goldfrapp, Kate Bush, Queen, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Rihannas albums have been perfect. All but one for Madonna, Black Sabbath and Guns N Roses albums have been perfect.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • cw36frapp said:

All Goldfrapp, Kate Bush, Queen, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Rihannas albums have been perfect. All but one for Madonna, Black Sabbath and Guns N Roses albums have been perfect.

I like two Madonna albums only: Madonna (1st album) and Ray Of Light. I've never been disappointed by a Madonna album because I never have high expectations for her albums, and I never look forward to a new Madonna album. It's not a case of disliking her or her music, it is just a case of indifference for me.
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • Archway said:

cw36frapp said:

All Goldfrapp, Kate Bush, Queen, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Rihannas albums have been perfect. All but one for Madonna, Black Sabbath and Guns N Roses albums have been perfect.

I like two Madonna albums only: Madonna (1st album) and Ray Of Light. I've never been disappointed by a Madonna album because I never have high expectations for her albums, and I never look forward to a new Madonna album. It's not a case of disliking her or her music, it is just a case of indifference for me.

I like Madonna but am not mega obsessive, I agree with Archway's choices there, they are among my favorite Madonna albums. I don't think MDNA is all that bad though and sure Madonna has done worse albums.
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-09-17 15:20:21
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Archway said:

cw36frapp said:

I like Madonna but am not mega obsessive, I agree with Archway's choices there, they are among my favorite Madonna albums. I don't think MDNA is all that bad though and sure Madonna has done worse albums.

Thank you! I don't mind MDNA either. Hard Cany and Bedtime Stories are worse for me. I find Like A Prayer overated, and the rest a bit forgettablle. That's just me though, I'm really not an expert or well informed Madonna listener.
  • Archway said:

Thank you! I don't mind MDNA either. Hard Cany and Bedtime Stories are worse for me. I find Like A Prayer overated, and the rest a bit forgettablle. That's just me though, I'm really not an expert or well informed Madonna listener.

Me neither, I suspect there are one or two here with greater knowledge though.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • The 3rd Voice of the behive album (ok I was young etc).

Currently not being too impresed with the new Summer camp album. I need to think on it.
  •  Another one I'd like to add to my list -

Blue Nile - Peace At Last
    This was the follow up to Hats, which I loved. Peace At Last just didn't have to hooks or the consistency of Hats or A Walk Across The Rooftops.
    Recovered? No. I have tried to get into this album, but everytime I hear it, I'm faced with a sense of utter disappointment.

Agree. Although I was with the next aswell (and that got better reviews). As you are obviously an oldie like me then I will add Prefab Sprout - Andromedia Heights. Funny they (Paddy ) has a new record out that is so much better than all the post Jordan stuff. Funny thing is it was written just after Jordan but never released so it's technically written before Andromedia Heights.:-)
  • Marillion - Happiness Is The Road

This one even turned me off from the band completely.
    Hated the cheap concept so much I started to revaluate their back cataologue and decided my Marillion years were history.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • MDNA was a big disappointment for me. In all honesty the album is listenable but nowhere near her own high standards. There was meant to be 2 albums out in quick order. The 2nd one has never been released. Her MDNA tour made the highest amount of money that year. Probably due to higher ticket prices. I am quite a big fan of Madonna. Always have been.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • thathurt said:

The 3rd Voice of the behive album (ok I was young etc).

Ooh good one! Sex & Misery was very disappointing.
  •  Another one I'd like to add to my list -

Blue Nile - Peace At Last
    This was the follow up to Hats, which I loved. Peace At Last just didn't have to hooks or the consistency of Hats or A Walk Across The Rooftops.
    Recovered? No. I have tried to get into this album, but everytime I hear it, I'm faced with a sense of utter disappointment.

Agree. Although I was with the next aswell (and that got better reviews). As you are obviously an oldie like me then I will add Prefab Sprout - Andromedia Heights. Funny they (Paddy ) has a new record out that is so much better than all the post Jordan stuff. Funny thing is it was written just after Jordan but never released so it's technically written before Andromedia Heights.:-)

Another excellent example. Andromeda Heights (and The Gunman And Other Stories) were disappointing. Let's Change The World With Music was much better, but nowhere near their great albums.
  • The second Pipettes album was pretty awful imho....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Marina and The Diamonds second album. Went from quirky little chick to bland standard pop drivel that Simon Cowell would probably thrust upon the innocent listening public :-q
  • Need I drop in the second Killers album? Its kinda obv.
  • both seventh tree and head first were disappointing for me. i've already talked about why i'm not that fond of seventh tree and head first is self-explanatory. i do like them both but after the flawlessness of felt mountain and black cherry and the near-flawlessness of supernature they were quite a letdown.

everything bjork has released post-vespertine

everything britney spears has released post-blackout

takk... caused me to just go completely off of sigur ros, haven't followed them since. this is probably blasphemy but whatever

MAYA by m.i.a. also kala was kind of a letdown after arular, i think arular is m.i.a.'s best album. except for "bad girls" i don't think anything m.i.a. has realeased since kala has done anything for me at all

TEN$ION by die antwoord

the further adventures of lord quas by quasimoto

that's all i can think of right now, it seems like a lot though

oh yeah ceremonials by florence

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!