Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Cover version of Black Cherry song by - ????
  • I heard this once, long ago, on  late night radio. Half asleep at the time and so I cannot remember the details.

But it's sort of coming back as an earworm, a half-remembered earworm, so I thought I'd ask for the board's collective wisdom.

What I do remember is that was sung by a woman, and the version sounded vaguely sinister. In short a thorough reworking, just like Yes Sir I Can Boogie did, so I think Alison and Will would approve.

Pretty sure it wasn't a remix as it wasn't Alison's voice.

Any ideas?
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • might be this woman?????
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I saw that cover of Drew and have to be honest without wishing to offend anyone as they may be on this board, but I DID NOT LIKE IT. I do quite like this guy coz he really goes for it and is very eccentric

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • what about this one wildcorgie...

• A dream? ;)

Let's say I'm not the only one who heard it ;)

Thank you all for the links which were worth the listen, lots of interesting things going on there but they're not the one - though band of skulls' black cherry would be verrry strange in a good way IMO.

Course it could have been one of those Late Junctiony type live sessions, in which case it's gone for good.
    Post edited by wild_corgi at 2013-09-15 13:36:18
  • Someone on this forum does an acoustic cover of Black Cherry I believe eh @Dreeke ;)
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-09-15 13:59:04
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!