Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales of Us in the charts
  • Great news that it's not even been officially released a week yet and the album has entered the UK charts at number 3! :)
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • All the Supermarkets have it now. Because its so high up in the charts.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Great news that it's not even been officially released a week yet and the album has entered the UK charts at number 3! :)

Was that the mid-week position then? I wonder what the actual sales figures are for the full week.
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • Number 3 in HMV stores chart.....if that means anything these days!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Number 3 in HMV stores chart.....if that means anything these days!

Oh, I see... Oh well, the last I heard (and I don't follow sales talk at all), you don't need great sales figures to hit the Top 20. I do wonder if it will sell better than Head First.
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • Archway said:

Number 3 in HMV stores chart.....if that means anything these days!

Oh, I see... Oh well, the last I heard (and I don't follow sales talk at all), you don't need great sales figures to hit the Top 20. I do wonder if it will sell better than Head First.

Hasn't that been the case ever since Goldfrapp emerged? It seems unlikely that Goldfrapp would have touched the charts the way they did had they been around in the 80's and 90's for example. I believe the end of the 90's was when sales changed?  I have seen a few programmes regarding  this subject on BBC4. It seems to be the case that releatively fewer units need to be shifted these days to get an album into the top 40. This little snippet about Ladyhawke's second album charting has stuck in my head for some reason; 'Anxiety debuted at number thirty-six on the UK Albums Chart, selling 3,910 copies in its first week.[30]'
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • But still entering at number 3 is a very respectable position no matter what record sales really mean these days.

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Tales Of Us is on 4th place at UK Album Chart!
  • iTunes charts on 14th of September:

not in top100 US (?!)
    #18 UK
    #37 Germany
    #13 France
    #21 Italy
    #74 Canada
    #38 Spain
    #64 Australia

Post edited by subrussian at 2013-09-15 14:21:35

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!