Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • ickygerm said:

...here i am, worried about whether the record shop i plan to go to will even have it stocked.

hahahaha i have latent psychic abilities you guys

i went to go buy it today but APPARENTLY no store in my city has it yet due to a "shipping issue"

i bought it on itunes. i suppose i'll wait until next week or so for the "shipping issue" to be resolved and get myself a physical.

anyway, i just gave it a listen sitting outside with a cup of tea. first impressions: i really enjoyed it. i think some standout tracks for me were jo, thea and alvar. there were a few i wasn't so hot on but damned if i can remember which ones. stranger and clay? there were a few moments that i thought sounded a little "disney" unfortunately. but overall it's a really impressive album
  • It's funny how I kind of said to myself before the album was released I am not going to over play it, I will ration myself, well that's not happened. I love it and yet feel like I have so much to discover from it ahead of me, shock horror I haven't yet fully studied the lyrics or credits. I had a couple of  strange coincidences with the album yesterday (Monday). First off I listened to one track early on in the day as a taster and chose 'Thea' at random, it was just so eery with 'rain beating down'. Later on my cat came to see me during my first listen of 'stranger' and 'every word is soft as fur' just seemed so appropriate. This album has already naturally become part of the soundtrack of my life,  it's a special album indeed for me
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-09-10 19:08:24
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Well, I just started listening and I was captured on the first note of "Jo".
  • Amazon have now dispatched my copy.  They think I should have it on Friday.
  • So, have I missed anything?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Finally.Finally. I've been listening since yesterday. Haunting. There is something complete about this album for me. A resolution...The progression of a dissonant tone or chord to a consonant tone or chord. Heart wrenching. I love the depth and breadth of her characters...it makes all the difference. A wise little songbird, that what this is to me..a lost love letter..the secret self. I'm listening now. I don't have a favorite as of yet..each with their own remarkable emotion, it's tough. The lyrics of Clay are currently resonating with me, a perfect ending. I will have to listen further and deeper to pick a fave.

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • tweety said:

So, have I missed anything?

Me.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Arrived today. Had some snippets earlier but easing myself into this one. So nothing on the individual songs yet but overall - it's very very good indeed.

Yeah I am managing to ration myself much to my surprise. Best thing for me is how different it is from the rest of their work: you couldn't have predicted they'd do this, but now they have done it they couldn't have done anything else, and nobody else could have made this record. (Err, and I mean that in a good way).

It does feel like FM and 7T only a few twists up from them on the Goldfrapp DNA double helix. If you see what I mean.

• iuventus said:

tweety said:

Me.

are you available in a digipack?

"its MY favourite song"

• tweety said:

iuventus said:

tweety said:

Me.

are you available in a digipack?

I am sure if he could find a way, he would ! :)
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-09-12 02:14:34
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Hehe
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Digipak my ass! I'm in your blood now, little bird.
  • Hehehe....:)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Don't laugh, my hinnuleus!
  • I shall gentle step back into the woods from whence I came then. :)
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-09-12 02:35:38

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!