Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Loving this song (along with the other tales) especially the subtle parping of horns in the background - quite Bacharach in colour.

Also adore the way the treble is pushed right up from the 2nd verse - as if the mercury running through my ears wasn't molten enough before.

• 12 Comments sorted by
  • i love it too, i think it's my favorite after "Laurel"
  • The lyrics for Simone (of all the ones I had not heard before yesterday) are the ones that keep popping into my head. Her voice seems to have taken on a resigned coldness. Al is just taking on these parts so beautifully.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • The lyrics in this one cut like a cold, cold knife.

"You are the younger me in his arms" is such a simple yet devastating line of rebuff, accusation and resignation and to finish with her telling Simone how she'd given her life and love but now she's on her own after her actions.......wow.

As mother/daughter incidents go, that's a painful one and so subtly written.

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I have not dared to look at the lyrics thread as i tried to open it and it made the screen go peculiar for some reason. I am sensing the icy chill in the lyrics that I can decipher but the tone in her voice is stunning with it.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • It's like everything else on this album - meticulous.

She hits the final words to Simone and then the music just breaks down, cold and detatched, as if to signal the drop of her head and turning away.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Cervus - I collected the lyrics together and put them in a file which people can download here.

It's RTF format.. hope that's readable on most machines?

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-10 08:17:14
  • Thank you E...will do that now...(not sure why that one thread made my screen go funny...insert confused emote)
  • Giant photos, C
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Oh is that what it was.....doesn't seem to bother the computer in other threads but everything went so tiny. it was impossible to read.
  • Another special track. My Sister likes it because its her middle name.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • This is the song that pops into my head most often.
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • Archway said:

This is the song that pops into my head most often.

Now thats Annabel for me. Even as i write this.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!