Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
TOU 24 Bits WAVs and MP3s are now Live for Download
  • 39 Comments sorted by
  • They sent out a download e-mail just now...
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • They do sound fantastic. I'll primarily use the CD to listen in my car, but I'll have the WAVs on my computer and iPhone. :)

Also, apparently you can't upload album artwork for WAV files in iTunes? I didn't know that.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Joey said:

Also, apparently you can't upload album artwork for WAV files in iTunes? I didn't know that.

I spent 30 mins trying to do that this evening before realising that it wasn't me who was doing something wrong.  Luckily I had a some great music to listen to whilst I was trying to crowbar the image in. :D
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Joey said:

It's not an iTunes thing, it's a WAV thing - the WAV is a simple waveform stored in it's most basic way. There's a format header and audio data and that's it made. When they were invented nobody even considered pictures as possible to shoe horn in. That was sci-fi!

An MP3 or whatever other type is a wrapper for an audio file than can have slots for other things like lyrics, cover art etc.

Only way round is to put an image file with the cover in the same folder as the WAV files then depending what app, what OS, what folder and what filename you call the pic you can sometimes get it displayed while one of the WAVs is playing.

Hope that helps!

/geek

Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-09-09 19:07:17
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • If you have an iTunes account, right click on the song (or the whole album) and click "Get Album Artwork" and iTunes will give you the artwork for the WAV's. :)>-
  • The download was ok for me BUT it put it a zip file and transferred to iTunes but when I went to put it in my iPod it wouldn't recognise it. Ended up doing it the old fashioned way by burning the CD etc. waste of bloody time having all the build up for the great release of the download just to have to do it manually. Bloody technology :-q
  • by the sounds of things above i'm glad i'm still with vinyl & cd's...
    not reached the mp3 age yet here... :D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Although these Wav files can"t store pictures, they're the first ones I've come across that can store, internally, text fields. eg track & artist name. Haven't been able to do that with 16-bit ripped-from-CD wavs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!