Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
TOU 24 Bits WAVs and MP3s are now Live for Download
  • 39 Comments sorted by
  • rewak said:

No digital booket? Bugger :-?

Yeah that was a minor letdown.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • DiscoPony said:

Have we confirmed 24/96?  

Not quite. 24 bits per sample, but 44.1kHz sample rate.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-09 09:41:49
  • Should we bother pointing it out to Sandbag and/or Alison?
  • Oh god. They fucked up the 96. Hi Sandbag again.
    And no confirmation e-mails either. Hi Sandbag again.

Stu-pen-dous. As expected.
    Still nice to have the wavs though today. November seems so far away.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • rewak said:

Should we bother pointing it out to Sandbag and/or Alison?

Oh, and YES.
  • aaronnnx said:

thanks for the heads up :)

is it just me or did everyones take forever to download?
    128kb/sec for the wavs :'(

Mine took about 7 mins. That's 100MB/min or 800Mb/min or 13Mb/sec.
  • Carpy seems to be good at getting them to shift it on the phone, must have a very firm voice :P

• DiscoPony said:

Have we confirmed 24/96?  

Not quite. 24 bits per sample, but 44.1kHz sample rate.

That is disappointing...Will have to rip from DVD in November which seems rather pointless but not unexpected...  :(
  • Yup. DVD in Nov it is.
  • Well, on the store it just says 24-bit WAV. Which is correct. Better than CD quality.
  • Well I have pre-ordered the album but no e-mail or links to files in my account on Sandbag?
  • Well, on the store it just says 24-bit WAV. Which is correct. Better than CD quality.

Oh, you're right, we just assumed it was 24/96 but it does just say 24bit in the orders. Well, aren't they sneaky little fuckers? :-w

• bRuud83 said:

Well I have pre-ordered the album but no e-mail or links to files in my account on Sandbag?

On the left hand side of your account , it says "My Downloadable Products" , click on this , then click on the words "Tales of Us Wav" and/or "Tales of Us MP3" on the detail lines that pop up . Well done Sandbag for making it easy grrr . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

bRuud83 said:

Well I have pre-ordered the album but no e-mail or links to files in my account on Sandbag?

On the left hand side of your account , it says "My Downloadable Products" , click on this , then click on the words "Tales of Us Wav" and/or "Tales of Us MP3" on the detail lines that pop up . Well done Sandbag for making it easy grrr . 
    Oow, I was on that page, but missed the link! Thank you very much Sartori, just started with downloading the album.
  • rewak said:

Well, on the store it just says 24-bit WAV. Which is correct. Better than CD quality.

Oh, you're right, we just assumed it was 24/96 but it does just say 24bit in the orders. Well, aren't they sneaky little fuckers? :-w

Well this will give the Deluxe Box more value.  Not surprised, labels seem to be sticking to 24/44.1 with the "specialty sites" offering the HiRes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!