Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • Also I'm wondering why they haven't revealed the songs lengths yet. Saving that for phase 2 maybe?

• Low said:

Also I'm wondering why they haven't revealed the songs lengths yet. Saving that for phase 2 maybe?

I honestly don't think that's important.

As much as I love an epic track (ie the Little Bird iTunes version) things like Clowns or Eat Yourself are just 4min.

You never quite know which ones are going to hit the spot more.......
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Low said:

Also I'm wondering why they haven't revealed the songs lengths yet. Saving that for phase 2 maybe?

I honestly don't think that's important.

As much as I love an epic track (ie the Little Bird iTunes version) things like Clowns or Eat Yourself are just 4min.

You never quite know which ones are going to hit the spot more.......

I know, I was just curious :P

• What I'd like to know is the names of remixers chosen for Annabel.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

What I'd like to know is the names of remixers chosen for Annabel.

I hope there's no remixes at all for the TOU era.

For the style it seems like it's going to be that just wouldn't work. Much rather have longer/different versions done by themselves or stripped back ones etc.

For a faster album like Supernature or Head First remixes by external artists were not only a great idea but a lot were excellent.

Not for TOU though, hopefully.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • If they really have to do remixes, then they ought to line up some incredible artists/groups to do so. I don't mean Zedd or Arno Cost or anything like that. I mean CRYSTAL CASTLES, and Ladytron. Perhaps Grimes and Data Romance?
  • B Sides >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Remixes

• Low said:

The songs lenght are published on itunes store :) I'm not on the computer right now, so i can't have access to that. But the album is 45 min long...
  • I think what's disappointing is all the talk of how dark the album is. However, the trailer does not seem to reflect this with the exception of the artwork for the album. 
  • It's basically been said before, but a friend of a friend told me (...I know how that sounds!!!) that fans of "Felt Mountain" are going to love this album..
    Post edited by OhMuseYou at 2013-06-16 03:30:59
  • kaleb20 said:

Low said:

The songs lenght are published on itunes store :) I'm not on the computer right now, so i can't have access to that. But the album is 45 min long...

Ah, on iTunes Germany.

Alvar is 5:38, their longest (studio recorded) song!

The only track shorter than 4 minutes is Ulla at 3:49.
    This looks very promising!
    Post edited by Low at 2013-06-16 07:41:31

• 1. Jo 4:38
    2. Annabel 4:01
    3. Drew 4:46
    4. Ulla 3:49
    5. Alvar 5:38
    6. Thea 4:50
    7. Simone 4:18
    8. Stranger 4:12
    9. Laurel 4:10
    10. Clay 4:20

It's their longest record yet!

Post edited by iWannaLife at 2013-06-16 11:58:23
  • Wow, they are rather long. I'd still rather have more (even if shorter) tracks.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

Wow, they are rather long. I'd still rather have more (even if shorter) tracks.

I wanted more at first, but considering the song length, the concept and the time it took to plan the album... I dunno, it may be better this way.

• first time i heard anything about new album was friday morning (14th june) ordered boxset almost stright away my order no ended in 688 so gessing not going to get a signed one.... :( not on facebook or twitter hate them to personal if you ask me... but great for getting news first ooh well you can't win them all.......
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!