Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 87 Comments sorted by

• Alan said:

No nuking posts, please.

I think that would be perfect for the thread to the board Admin. Keep it, as Softlad rightly put at the top of it, as a list just for short points directed for fixes/bugs/etc. As that thread starts getting off that track it gets less likely these things will get seen/done or taken seriously.

Mass deletion of posts or a thread is indeed a bad thing but can be handy in cases like that. Every now and then grab the required bits out of it, drop it entirely, and create a fresh one with a clean list as one post. Everybody wins.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• Alan said:

No nuking posts, please.

Can someone please explain what 'nuking posts' mean precisely?  The fact that Alan has raised it and Whickwithy seems keen has me worried.
    Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-15 11:52:27

• I think that would be perfect for the thread to the board Admin. Keep it, as Softlad rightly put at the top of it, as a list just for short points directed for fixes/bugs/etc. As that thread starts getting off that track it gets less likely these things will get seen/done or taken seriously.

Mass deletion of posts or a thread is indeed a bad thing but can be handy in cases like that. Every now and then grab the required bits out of it, drop it entirely, and create a fresh one with a clean list as one post. Everybody wins.

That really wouldn't be that hard to do and is why I've suggested/offered to make such a list.  It would just work much more cleanly, in the case of Softlad's, if someone was in contact with Admin and could collect the info, not in a thread, but in a doc or a message.  Just copy/paste would be fine.  You know a second version would get cluttered, as well.  For the others, maybe, a slight mod to what you say would work.  The owner of a thread, like "Help Suggestions" for instance, make a "Help Suggestons II" that has been cleaned up.  I think these two threads, and "Issues" are the only ones of concern.  And, of course, there would probably be a III and, maybe, a IV.  That way we don't really need to nuke posts, which I agree is bad form.  I don't mind doing it for "Help" whenever anyone thinks it's getting too unweildly.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-15 11:52:30
  • softlad said:

Alan said:

No nuking posts, please.

Can someone please explain what 'nuking posts' mean precisely?  The fact that Alan has raised it and Whickwithy seems keen has me worried.

:))

I just spluttered my tea out in laughter.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-15 12:05:04

• I think that would be perfect for the thread to the board Admin. Keep it, as Softlad rightly put at the top of it, as a list just for short points directed for fixes/bugs/etc. As that thread starts getting off that track it gets less likely these things will get seen/done or taken seriously.

That really wouldn't be that hard to do and is why I've suggested/offered to make such a list.  It would just work much more cleanly, in the case of Softlad's, if someone was in contact with Admin and could collect the info, not in a thread, but in a doc or a message.  Just copy/paste would be fine.  You know a second version would get cluttered, as well.  For the others, maybe, a slight mod to what you say would work.  The owner of a thread, like "Help Suggestions" for instance, make a "Help Suggestons II" that has been cleaned up.  I think these two threads, and "Issues" are the only ones of concern.  And, of course, there would probably be a III and, maybe, a IV.  That way we don't really need to nuke posts, which I agree is bad form.  I don't mind doing it for "Help" whenever anyone thinks it's getting too unweildly.

I don't understand your comment about offering to make a list? Softlad already set the thread up yesterday, specifically to be that list, and the Admin was notified about where it was by a message from me on his Wall. It's all in place.
  • softlad said:

Alan said:

No nuking posts, please.

Can someone please explain what 'nuking posts' mean precisely?  The fact that Alan has raised it and Whickwithy seems keen has me worried

I guess I deserve that for my one night in indiscretion and garrullousness...
  • softlad said:

Alan said:

No nuking posts, please.

Can someone please explain what 'nuking posts' mean precisely?  The fact that Alan has raised it and Whickwithy seems keen has me worried

I guess I deserve that for my one night in indiscretion and garrullousness...

What's garrullousness?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet

• That really wouldn't be that hard to do and is why I've suggested/offered to make such a list.  It would just work much more cleanly, in the case of Softlad's, if someone was in contact with Admin and could collect the info, not in a thread, but in a doc or a message.  Just copy/paste would be fine.  You know a second version would get cluttered, as well.

I don't understand your comment about offering to make a list? Softlad already set the thread up yesterday, specifically to be that list, and the Admin was notified about where it was by a message from me on his Wall. It's all in place.

I was just saying that no matter what is done, there are clearly going to be superflouus comments interjected and replies to problems that don't exist, that it might be helpful if someone who wanted to be helpful (I am not that interested in the position, believe me.  I am just more than happy to do anything for my favorite artist messageboard), if needs be) could complie a truly clean list, so that none of his time is wasted going through non-pertinent suggestions.  But, of course, if you think everything is copaceitc, then there is no need.

• What's garrullousness?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

What's garrullousness?

given to prosy, rambling, or tedious loquacity : pointlessly or annoyingly talkative

Did you know (and I think this works with all browsers, not just firefox) that if you select a word or a phrase and right-click, there is an option search for that word or phrase?  I have mine set to a google search.  I'm not sure if that's standard as it once, somehow, got changed to ebay, which was totally useless.
  • Alan said:

What's garrullousness?

See the box at the top right of the page that says 'Top' Posters'?  Well the top two are full of it.  Amongst other things.
  • Oh well.
  • Whickwithy said: Alan said:What's garrullousness?

given to prosy, rambling, or tedious loquacity : pointlessly or annoyingly talkative

Did you know (and I think this works with all browsers, not just firefox) that if you select a word or a phrase and right-click, there is an option search for that word or phrase?  I have mine set to a google search.  I'm not sure if that's standard as it once, somehow, got changed to ebay, which was totally useless.

It helps if you spell the word correctly i.e. 'garrulousness'.
    Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-15 15:11:40
  • English is my second language. Plus, I was only quoting @Whickwithy's post, hence the mistake.
  • Alan said:

English is my second language. Plus, I was only quoting @Whickwithy's post, hence the mistake.

I"m the one who misspelled, not you. 

So, you know, Alan, the real odd and tricky part I find about it is that, at the time, it was NOT garrulousness.  It became garrulousness the next day when a few and, maybe, more than a few became annoyed.  That's kind of a fascinating thing to realize.  But, as this is my favorite artist's website, as well as a woman that I admire, tremondously, what litle I know about her, I am trying my best to make this messageboard and warm and comfortable as possible.  Or, at least, not detract from that feeling.  It should be fun and games for all!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!