Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Felt Mountain - Your Alternate Tracklists
  • I was looking at these 'Felt Mountain - Best to Worst' type threads and as much as I try I can't really rate the tracks. I can't do it.  My feelings about them change almost day to day.

BUT the one thing that I do get nerdy about is the track order. And it is usually the bands I feel most passionate about that I get the most fussy about (Goldfrapp's being one - although TOU is looking pretty good order wise).

To be honest the purists among you may see this as sacrilege but not only do I re-order the tracks but often add b-sides, remixes, etc from that album period!

So do any of you, in this digital age, do the same?

Felt Mountain is the one I really wanted to change as it was one of my favourite bands of that time but it was: 1. a bit too short 2. Oompha just stuck out too much and (most importantly) 3. I loved the John Barry inspired Lovely Head mixes they did. I also loved 2 of the none Goldfrapp tracks I had found pre Frapp era: Accelerator soundtrack End Title (technically both Will and Ali) and Bodo with Pale 3 but have left off on here.

1 > Lovely Head (Staré Mêsto Mix)
    2 > Utopia
    3 > Human
    4 > Paper Bag
    5 > Lovely Head (Miss World Mix)
    6 > Pilots (On A Star)
    7 > U.K. Girls (Physical)
    8 > Horse Tears
    9 > Felt Mountain
    10 > Lovely Head    
    11 > Utopia (New Ears Mix)
    12 > Deer Stop

EDIT 17:10:13 : Have changed track 11 from Accelerator End Titles to Utopia (New Ears Mix) as i overlooked it  :-/. Goes with the 2 Lovely Head mixes beautifully and all pure Frapp now. Near perfect now!
    Post edited by tattmaylor at 2013-09-17 16:46:46
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • I tend to always keep the original album tracklist in the same order and if I jam a pile of mixes, b-sides or session tracks on the end I add a "+" so my FM shows up on my Creative Zen as "Felt Mountain +" as it has the b's and the live boots tacked on.

It's my way of acknowledging that it's not the orginal album when I scan down the list for something to play.

Yes, I realise I thought this through way too much :))

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • No with Goldfrapp its physical cds albums and singles. They just get stuck in the player.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I enjoy reordering tracks as well and substituting weaker tracks with b-sides. Sometimes if an artist/group released two albums in a row that is a bit mediocre, I will take the best tracks from both albums and create a new album. This was the case with Pet Shop Boys for example i.e. Yes and Elysium. I managed to create a really good album from selected tracks from both albums.

So having said that, there is just no way that I can rearrange or add tracks to Felt Mountain. It is just perfect as it is. I will however try tattmaylor's tracklisting to hear how it sounds.
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • I tend to always keep the original album tracklist in the same order and if I jam a pile of mixes, b-sides or session tracks on the end I add a "+" so my FM shows up on my Creative Zen as "Felt Mountain +" as it has the b's and the live boots tacked on.

It's my way of acknowledging that it's not the orginal album when I scan down the list for something to play.

Yes, I realise I thought this through way too much :))

hehe!  I was thinking of you when I typed the 'purist' comment. ;-)

I'm a mix tape man so I can't help but re-order stuff. I enjoy doing it. The only stuff you can't really re-order are pure concept albums. Tends to be more pop type bands. Not going to fiddle with a Boards album for example.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!