Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • What's your favorite song?

When did you convert?

Why?

Post edited by Alan at 2013-06-15 19:26:37
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • 33 Comments sorted by
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Only her track with Avicii really 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

Only her track with Avicii really 

I've not heard that one. Gonna give it a listen in a sec.
  • It hasn`t been released yet , he played it at Ultra festival , so its only listenable as a lo-fi set rip or on the lo-fi preview mix he did . 

Avicii feat. Lana del Rey - Dance in the Water by Victor Martin Llorente
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-15 05:37:52
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Thanks for sharing, Sartori. Not sure I like the sound of it. There's no melody really. It's hardly a song. Just a bunch of heavy beats.
  • I like her

I converted when I heard Video Games on the radio and it stuck in my head...

• She's a godawful live performer. Definitely not seeing her live.

Sad but true.
  • Agreed.... She should stay in the studio.... The record is good, but she can't cut it live.
  • Can I say, she's just a sexy bimbo?

English is my second language, so I'm still learning certain words.
  • How about 'sex on legs'?
  • "Bimbo" is probably the wrong word . Its means nice face/body but stupid , arguably her Lana-Del-Little-Miss-Self-Reinvention-Ray is a product of a shrewd mind , negating a `Bimbo` tag . In the context of what you`re saying it would be "she`s one sexy lady , but live she`s like someone threw a piece of wood onstage" . 
  • Sartori said:

"Bimbo" is probably the wrong word . Its means nice face/body but stupid , arguably her Lana-Del-Little-Miss-Self-Reinvention-Ray is a product of a shrewd mind , negating a `Bimbo` tag . In the context of what you`re saying it would be "she`s one sexy lady , but live she`s like someone threw a piece of wood onstage" . 

Thanks, Sartori. You'd be a great tutor.
  • I really like Lana.  I first discovered her in June/July 2011.  I came across the now infamous Video Games on Youtube.  This was the original video she had to take down because of copyright issues with some of the footage she had used.  I was mesmerised, by her beauty & the melody.

While looking into her on the web I noticed her personal Facebook page, Lizzy Grant was very public, so I sent her a message telling her (in case she didn't realise it)  I didn't get a reply but her page became completely private within a couple of days.

I was busy with a baby for most of 2012 so I didn't really keep up with Lana.  Though I did use Video Games to help my little one sleep as I had listened to it so much in pregnancy!  I only bought the album a few months back & I fell in love with it immediately.  I had no idea quite how big she had gotten.  Our own Paolo was at her gig in London & he pre-warned me to expect a young crowd when I went to the Dublin gig.  How right he was!!  It was hilarious as well as electric!  The crowd were young & sang every word to every song.  Lana was drowned out to an extent but it was a great live experience and I would defintiely go see her again.  She cried. Genuinely.  Maybe it's the having a child hormones but I shed a tear too! I hope I can share the link to the video............................

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!