Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Gallery. Your art for our consumption.
  • 393 Comments sorted by
  • I do yes, Carpathian has resurrected a thread but changed it's title slightly, I think it works quite well
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I do yes, Carpathian has resurrected a thread but changed it's title slightly, I think it works quite well

It definitely does.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Central park:

Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Thanks Alan, keep the NY pics coming, I've got a few very London pics knocking around, I don't know whether they would be better off in the architecture and design thread though let's see.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Cheers people - just wanted it to be the same thread but different!

After all,it'll be us looking at it and us making it, like having a private gallery.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Alan said:

Sartori said:

This is made from a squillion layers in GIMP (a freeware Photoshop) . Like the view on that NY scene , tips of scrapers .

Sartori, what do you mean by squillion layers? I used to use GIMP. Became too cumbersome over the years. Now there are much better alternatives.
    Alan said:

I'm genuinely curious: what were you trying to achieve by using multiple layers?

Each part of the of the composite had a vastly different texture and colour pallette , I`m sure there were quicker/expensive ways of marrying them up but I had separate layers for each one to adjust them and then adjust each layers opacity to better blend them together . I found that with each new filter I put on to give the final effect I wished , each layer took to it differently and each separate part of the picture needed adjustment again . 

The original died in a hard drive crash , I only have the finished pic and one other (below) from making it . The glow filter I had applied to this (I`m guesstimating here) made each person totally different in their lighting , the cape on the mans shoulder no longer fits there , so each level had their gamma levels adjusted as I recall to blend in with each other . I wanted her face/cheekbones to stand out of the gloom but here she looks like she`s swallowed a 1000w lightbulb . This was just a learning exercise . 

Final 

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-15 06:21:24
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • A cover I made for the Electric Proms 2008 dvd . And yes , Helikaon is me as well . You can see the picture top right that I posted in the Sexy Women thread , its obviously been tweaked still further here . Made in GIMP as well , I recall uploading the source GIMP files with layers to the GMB at the time (?) .

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-15 06:45:46
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
    The Gorilla Bar, Manchester. High Fives for Delphic.

This is my most rock'n'roll shot to date.

• Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-30 10:05:53
  • Synergist

Like strings upon a puppet
    Or threads within a web
    They pull together up it
    But, synthesize instead
    Like leaves and branches on a tree give stunning strength to fit
    The synthesis, like magic born, when you lean intuit
    When all the threads align
    And synergies combine
    There never will be end to it
    You're learning of the intuit

• Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-30 10:06:47
  • Schipol last July

• SW4 Festival with "Let The Music Play" last August not long before it wazzed it down

• Very proud to reveal some fan art I did for the Tales of the City series which I sent to Armistead Maupin on Facebook yesterday, and got 1300 likes! He's one of my favourite authors and I love those books (and the tv series) with a passion.

• Nice pic Sparky image

XO Festival 2012 ,Eindhoven

XO Festival 2012 , Kraak et Smaak , bravely dancing in high heels on a rain sodden stage 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!