Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I dunno, I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing that.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Her eyes are what draw me in
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • She looks tired.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I've got to make myself watch a movie tonight, as much as I love it, there's only so much Star Trek I can take...
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

• Alan said:

I dunno, I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing that.

I`ll pop into Primark and see if they have anything in the unisex section in your size ;)

• Sucker Punch again.  It beggars belief.

• Sartori said:

"Man of Steel" , everything and I mean everything in the film is mind bendingly awesome

Got that far and stopped reading as mine is at 8pm. So glad!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• Couple of interesting fillums on HD channels in the U.K. tonight:

ITV 10:35pm
    Film Inland Empire (2006)
      ITV! Mental.

BBC2 11:05pm
    Film The Breakfast Club (1985)

Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-14 15:08:19
  • Sartori said:

"Man of Steel" , everything and I mean everything in the film is mind bendingly awesome , from the home planet of Krypton to the melancholic and touching moments with his earth father , the flying that seems to be drawn on real physics rather than man on a rope , the destructiony bits , oh the fighting , the special effects that blend in as if its common day thing to have bloody spacecraft in your garden , the speed of the fighting with Zods crew , the foxiness of the bad lady , Russell Crowe awesome dadness , the fighting and by gum , the scale of the destruction of things , Zods speech (and you`ll know the one I mean after seeing it) with the other side of the coin , the touching human moments (above them all) made it a film I`ll see again with the same childlike eagerness that made me go this morning . 

Zack you have made a film to be proud , Superman reboot or not , its a film of touching moments to me , we all take and enjoy different things but thats what I took .

Yep. Now I can read the review you wrote and agree with it all. There were a couple of obvious forced moments which I'll not list to avoid detailed spoilerising so early in release) but overall it's one of the best film franchise reboots yet. It is different enough from it's previous incarnations and just works on it's own merit.
  • There were a couple of moments when he scrunches his forehead / eyebrows and he looked like the badger faced welsh one in this years Apprentice , which made me give a little internal vomit/laugh
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-15 04:38:53
  • Sartori said:

There were a couple of moments when he scrunches his forehead / eyebrows and he looked like the badger faced welsh one in this years Apprentice , which made me give a little internal vomit/laugh

Mine was that a fight that seems to zoom all around a city finishes randomly....and Lois just walks in as if she was about four feet away. Er, coincidence or what!
  • This week I've watched 'I give it a year' 'zero dark thirty' and that police one with jake gillenhall, the name of which I can't remember for the life of me. One was great but long, one was actually surprisingly quite good and one was absolutely diabolical. Ill let you try and figure out which is which. Have for wreck it Ralph to watch at some point this weekend, it better not be terrible!
  • Saw 'Shadow People' (2013) last night. True story.

You won't look at shadows the same way. Ever again.
  • Alan said:

Saw 'Shadow People' (2013) last night. True story.

You won't look at shadows the same way. Ever again.

I tend to look at shadows like this ->  :-?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!