Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Gallery. Your art for our consumption.
  • 393 Comments sorted by
  • pain in the arse

btw beautiful beach. looks like a martian beach.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • It's gorgeous isn't it Alan, on the Adriatic coast.

God I am naive aren't I or just tired I could have worked it out, I was gunna say public transport sucks, man I can imagine NY being probably worse than London, certainly if the movies are to be believed ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Lately, NY transit has been a nightmare due to various cuts. Forget about getting somewhere on time during weekends.

Rather than building a new East Side line, fix the damn delays, ventilation, and rat problems. 
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Sartori said:

This is made from a squillion layers in GIMP (a freeware Photoshop) . Like the view on that NY scene , tips of scrapers .

Sartori, what do you mean by squillion layers? I used to use GIMP. Became too cumbersome over the years. Now there are much better alternatives.
  • In this studio collective I am now a member of, a guy was talking about GIMP and I thought OK so I've walked into an SM parlor have I.
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-14 18:28:35
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Alan said:

Sartori said:

This is made from a squillion layers in GIMP (a freeware Photoshop) . Like the view on that NY scene , tips of scrapers .

Sartori, what do you mean by squillion layers? I used to use GIMP. Became too cumbersome over the years. Now there are much better alternatives.
    Its a composite of about 15 photos and textures and god knows how many adjustment layers - ie a squillion . Did that in 2011 I recall , I`ve used Photoshop since , GIMPs incredibly cumbersome as you say - its like using Linux instead of Windows or a Mac . 

GIMP , stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program , I used/learnt it as I could run it without installing it on my works PCs (and without leaving a trace for IT to find) . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Correct me if I am wrong Sartori, but that's Faithless isn't it?
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Alan said:

Lately, NY transit has been a nightmare due to various cuts. Forget about getting somewhere on time during weekends.

Rather than building a new East Side line, fix the damn delays, ventilation, and rat problems. 

Sounds a bit like London, public transport cuts are not as bad as other service cuts, in some ways the opposite, they are demolishing large parts of the city for certain projects that could be seen as vanity projects/white elephants. The high speed rail seems unnecessary to me, I know others might not feel the same, but there you go. I will say this, it was totally out of line that the crossrail project, well basically destroyed one of London's greatest musical heritages, namely the legendary Charing Cross Road Astoria, total cultural vandalism if you ask me, kind of relevant to this thread still  I guess;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Yes , you`re right . I would mention that none the pieces I`ve made or manipulated into existence as specific ideas have ever been released as I never think they`re good enough , but I did the one above as a test piece to learn specific tools and filters . I really like it despite the flaws with the lighting .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Yeah it's all pretty subjective what's good enough, personally I don't think Tracey Emin's work is any good, or Damien Hurst. Well I really like my photo of a total extremist wanker personally, I may not be David Bailey, but it did capture a moment and could be used to say all kinds of things or nothing at all. No it's good Sartori, I like Faithless, but probably not even a fraction as much as you by the looks of some of your other posts. I seem to recall you saying something about seeing the Faithless soundsystem, has that been and gone?
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-14 20:00:54
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination

• Sartori said:

Alan said:

Sartori said:

Its a composite of about 15 photos and textures and god knows how many adjustment layers - ie a squillion . Did that in 2011 I recall , I`ve used Photoshop since , GIMPs incredibly cumbersome as you say - its like using Linux instead of Windows or a Mac . 

GIMP , stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program , I used/learnt it as I could run it without installing it on my works PCs (and without leaving a trace for IT to find) . 

I'm genuinely curious: what were you trying to achieve by using multiple layers?
  • Like the thread on the other place, feel free to add in writing, photographs, music, paintings, drawings, poetry, costume design and anything else THAT YOU HAVE MADE YOURSELF. Not stuff you like or saw somewhere but your own work.

(Sorry for the caveat to get the thread started but the old version of this worked so, so well it seemed wise to keep it the same)

I quite like the additional part in the title you've given there Carpathian, the 'Our consumption' bit ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Like the thread on the other place, feel free to add in writing, photographs, music, paintings, drawings, poetry, costume design and anything else THAT YOU HAVE MADE YOURSELF. Not stuff you like or saw somewhere but your own work.

(Sorry for the caveat to get the thread started but the old version of this worked so, so well it seemed wise to keep it the same)

I quite like the additional part in the title you've given there Carpathian, the 'Our consumption' bit ;)

Wasn't it there from the beginning?
  • I believe it said "The Gallery. Lets work together."
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I believe it said "The Gallery. Lets work together."

Oh, you mean on GMB?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!