Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
(leak talk in this thread)
  • 619 Comments sorted by
  • Oh, just listen to your leaky weakies! It's less than a month now anyhow.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • It does seem rather daft....I can appreciate that they want it Album to be heard as a set piece...but all the same it seems a little odd that nothing has happened. I know it has been mentioned elsewhere...but the promo version has sucked all the joy out of Drew. I am glad I did not pay the earth for it...I shall just keep dipping into youtube as and when I feel the need. :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I kind of disagree with the rush release strategy in response to leaking, it's sort of rewarding the leaker and having less faith in your fans that they'll still care come proper release time. Drew though isn't leak related, if a single for it is planned it should have been put out with the video.
  • i believe Drew single is out on september 2nd.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • jozzy81 said:

i believe Drew single is out on september 2nd.....

Yes
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Or not

Hypnotic ballad "Drew" was the first track released in July, accompanied
    by a pastoral black-and-white video directed by Gunning, but "Tales of
    Us" won't have a proper single push behind it.
    "It's a very
    album-focused strategy. The band sees it as a collection of stories,"
    Mute head of marketing and sales Nicole Blonder says. Peter Loraine, the
    band's manager at Fascination Management, adds, "When you listen to the
    album as a whole, it works so well together that we didn't go into this
    with the nagging feeling that so many other bands have, that we haven't
    got the commercial single to take to radio."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/5657595/goldfrapp-tells-new-tales-after-feeling-rushed-on-previous-album
  • Very well spotted, rewak.

Both refreshingly honest and with an obvious faith in the end product. I've always preferred albums that were built to work as one rather than a collection of obviously seperate tracks thrown together.

Usually these are the ones that payoff in the logn term.

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Yes, (arguably) the tone of the album leaves little or no room for remixes, I suppose without those a single release is pointless as you're (in effect) buying an album track ....of an album you'll have anyway .

Time will tell how it all pans out, I'm eagerly awaiting the delicate tactile boxset finger sessions (oo-er) .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I'm also eagerly wanting to see Lisa's film/s on the big screen, I'll put money on a limited distribution in Art cinemas, as I can't see the big chains picking it up - so I might have to get the car out...... I wonder (out loud as usual) if there will be a proper premiere for it ? With a competition for seats etc, but they better do popcorn if I'm travelling or I'll get cranky.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

but they better do popcorn if I'm travelling or I'll get cranky.

You can buy this mail order and take your own.  I had some at a comedy show in bath and it was an almost religious experience (this stuff is the cat's pyjamas!).
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-08-16 19:47:38
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Sartori said:

I'm also eagerly wanting to see Lisa's film/s on the big screen, I'll put money on a limited distribution in Art cinemas

I'll be petitioning them to get it at The Tyneside, my local.

Considering it got voted the best indie cinema in the whole country for last year I'm hoping I've got a chance!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
    Post edited by vurt at 2013-08-20 05:57:01
  • Of course it is, wouldn't be able to manufacture the album if it didn't exist.
  • Ah, but I will wait now until September 9th for the high quality version. :)

• IDK if someone already said this, but all the songs are on youtube now... the user chushondra posted them.. I couldn't resist.. if you cant wait, I would suggest listening to them in track order. such beautiful music, I cant wait to buy the album and see them in NYC!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!