Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp live in Bristol on Jun 23
  • 580 Comments sorted by
  • So tempted!

• I keep getting "Tickets on sale soon" on eventim and have now missed the good seats :-(  oops - wrong thread - meant re Hammersmith!

Post edited by st185cs at 2013-06-13 19:09:14
  • ^ Indeed! I wasn't meaning to suggest it'd be less than fantastic. Just trying to convince myself I'm not missing much! (but of course I am)

You know, HJ, this one hurts, I think, more than Manchester.  Even if there is no new music, this one is gong to be kinda like the first time EC played the acoustic version of "Layla" to a small gathering.  Also, a LOT like all of the small concerts I used to see in Old Orchard Beach.  Just so much Goldfrapp going on this year and I have to watch from afar.  Sigh.  I'm not usually moribund or morose, but, yes, this hits pretty hard.  The most awesome band in the universe and all I get is a CD (ever see "The Game" with Michael Douglas?)..  Don't mind me, I'm drunk as a skunk.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-13 19:32:47
  • Just bought a ticket.
    Oh for goodness sake... I couldn't wait just a FEW MORE WEEKS?! No, clearly not.
    No idea how I'm getting there or where I'll stay yet, but do like an adventure........... (may be off the back of my incredibly good mood from hanging out with debbie Harry yesterday ... Mmm yeah)
    So, maybe see your there, guys who are going?!
  • Oh, Im in.  God this has cheered me up today. was feeling really down this week.

I cant make the Manchester date, cant make Lovebox or afford and cant make Somerset house, but gosh I have a few days off around this time, Travelodge owe me about £46 so that should cover me bed :D   I see its an old church. Nice. Its in a rough area I believe, well its near Lawrence hill. Well it was a crack place last time I visited. Should be interesting. 

Mental note to self, avoid the Ibis central near the river, it was like sleeping in a kerb.
  • You Brits are so lucky.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • wish i hadnt looked on street view, it still looks rough. yes we are lucky this year.
  • thathurt said:

wish i hadnt looked on street view, it still looks rough. yes we are lucky this year.

Every dog has its day.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Well I saw the FB post, 3 hours late but got a ticket earlier today so will drive there and back same day/evening. Not told Denise yet !!!! Wish me luck.
    Sophie_Banner
  • I really nearly got tickets and then remembered my mums dragging me to go and see Frankie Valli that night... No one else would go with her... Fun times!!
  • David tell her on fathers day so shes less likely be unhappy bout it?

Who is frankie valli btw
    Post edited by thathurt at 2013-06-14 18:03:50
  • ping said:

dcbaxter said:

Well I saw the FB post, 3 hours late but got a ticket earlier today so will drive there and back same day/evening. Not told Denise yet !!!! Wish me luck.

I havent told my mrs yet either...wish me luck as well
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

• Got tickets on impulse without really thinking how I’m going
    to get their and back and to work the next morning. But who cares. I love anything intimate.  

Post edited by BigBird at 2013-06-14 18:29:32
  • I really nearly got tickets and then remembered my mums dragging me to go and see Frankie Valli that night... No one else would go with her... Fun times!!

You'll be singing along with the rest....you know it! :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • thathurt said:

David tell her on fathers day so shes less likely be unhappy bout it?

Who is frankie valli btw

Good idea :) see you there, I hope.
    Sartori said:

ping said:

dcbaxter said:

Well I saw the FB post, 3 hours late but got a ticket earlier today so will drive there and back same day/evening. Not told Denise yet !!!! Wish me luck.

I havent told my mrs yet either...wish me luck as well

Yes I saw your post and thought of you as I wrote mine, good luck as well.
    Sophie_Banner

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!