Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
All About Will
  • 211 Comments sorted by
  • Just to tidy things up as it is All about Will.

Besides I was afraid Ms. A had missed the other note.

• ^ Very cool! Definitely gonna give it a listen.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Here's a cute picture from today's show. I love the glasses, they're as huge as mine:D
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I'll be naughty and cross-post this in here as well as the interviews thread as it seems to be perfectly fitting!

The 'Industry Standard' Release - The Will interview (music included)

The Deluxe Box Set - a ,rar containing the interview, a trail for it from the previous day AND A SMALL PICTURE!
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-08-09 03:54:54
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Lovely to hear will, he's such a nice chap.
  • I'll be naughty and cross-post...

Scandalous!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I shook Will's hand after the Bristol gig.  He was a true gentleman. Courteous and accommodating to all the fans.  A genius, a visionary and a lovely man.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • ^ agreed i met him & had a chat after the manchester gig. (thursday)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • After the Thursday gig I went in search of the infamous "Hot Dogs" - I am pleased to announce that I had the very last one.  Whilst I was queuing all the girls from the orchestra walked past.  I didn't see my favourite though (blonde cellist in the top right corner). ;)
  • hmm i never noticed i was always looking at Alison.. :D
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • lol - you missed out on some beautiful women.  I respect Alison too much now to lust after her.  Even if all the lights had been off in the venue Alison could still hold the audience in the palm of her hand with just her incredible vocals.
  • ... I respect Alison too much now to lust after her....

So that blonde cellist better beware as you don't have so much respect for her, hmm?
  • ^x2.
    i have nothing but respect for Alison.. :)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I..., but I'm realist
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • whisperit said:

So that blonde cellist better beware as you don't have so much respect for her, hmm?

lol - Although I enjoy digging holes (especially when its only a bit of banter on here) I thought that I'd set the record straight.

Alison has used lots of sexual imagery to help promote the band.  We had simulated theremin sex, sexy dancers with horses heads, pole dancing and songs like twist.  The nudity in Drew feels more artistic/thoughtful/restrained in comparison to the earlier raunchy days.  In the past I would look forward to going to see Alison writhe as much as I would look forward to seeing her sing.  I have been lucky enough to spend many years following Goldfrapp who no longer need to rely on gimmicks.  In fact I started the theremin thread as I miss the raw harsh electronics and would like to see them sit alongside the classical strings someday.

So, I've set a little bit of context.... I'm sure if I was ever lucky enough to get to know the cellist then I would award her the same respect.  However, sometimes it is nice to fantasise/dream especially about women who are both out of my league and who I have no way of ever meeting.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!