Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
GoldfrApp photo app
  • 137 Comments sorted by
  • a Goldfrapp App....
    OMG, i must be the only person without a smart/phone...
    Please be a new video or something.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • ickygerm said:

the woman's hair in the picture, and the fact that she's at the water's edge, remind me of one of the background clips on the website - the blonde curls floating in water. also the fact that they both seem rather wiggy. related maybe?

I don't think it's a woman, if you look closely [not that close] lol  but to me it looks like a man. 
    Interesting photo though, beautiful. I read somewhere on twitter that more filming is happening this week,maybe another film? Perhaps the next clip will be launched on the App on the 12th? 
  • tvpatrol said:

I don't think it's a woman, if you look closely [not that close] lol  but to me it looks like a man. 

the thought had crossed my mind for sure (it would explain the wigginess of the hair). it does seem a bit ambiguous. looking closer at it now there are certain areas that seem like they could be more masculine, but that could be muscles emphasized by shadows. the waist/hip area isn't very curvy but there are a lot of women with narrow hips. so basically who knows. maybe it is for annabel! the hair, real or fake, implies femininity so that's what i'm goin with lol

if it is alison in the picture i'm gonna feel so bad for implying she looks manly oh jeez
    Post edited by ickygerm at 2013-08-07 18:35:29
  • ickygerm said:

if it is alison in the picture i'm gonna feel so bad for implying she looks manly oh jeez

Muscles do not necessarily imply masculinity.  My points in case would be:

Jessica Ennis-Hill (Olympic runner)
    Kim Betts (Lightning on TV show Gladiators)
    Helen Glover MBE (British Olympic rower)
    Aimee Wilmot (British Swimmer)

:)

Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • I think it's more the shape of the shoulders, arm length, I just glanced and thought..hmm clever ..its ambiguous for sure...but all is not as it seems i think.
  • Looking closely at the hands...appears (to me) to be 'man' hands.

• Muscles do not necessarily imply masculinity.

absolutely agreed! that's not quite what i was trying to get at, but you make a good point nonetheless.
    tvpatrol said:

I think it's more the shape of the shoulders, arm length, I just glanced and thought..hmm clever ..its ambiguous for sure...but all is not as it seems i think.

fair enough :)
  • An app seems a little too... I don't know.

I'm really hoping it's at least another video. I can't wait to hear another song from this album (officially lol)!
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • ^ hoping the same.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Looks like it could be a scene from Annabel.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I'm pretty sure that's Alison. The person has the same slender build, and similar body language. 

Imagine if this WAS about an app? Perhaps something archiving every Goldfrapp video? Hey maybe THAT's why all their videos have been pulled! EVEN iTunes Canada has pulled them except Number 1...

And yes I think Annabel or Jo when I see this...
  • iuventus said:

Looks like it could be a scene from Annabel.

that's what i was thinking 
  • Looking closely at the hands...appears (to me) to be 'man' hands.

tvpatrol said:

I think it's more the shape of the shoulders, arm length, I just glanced and thought..hmm clever ..its ambiguous for sure...but all is not as it seems i think.

My God you guys have analyzed the shit out of this, it's hilarious :D

So... i have procured, for our obsessing pleasure, the following picture of Alison's lovely back.
    Compare it to the above August12 photo. Hmmm???

I love a good mystery!

imageimage 

Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-08-07 21:03:58
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Could be an app but you never know, she could have accidentally typed a capital A instead of a lowercase  :P (probably not the case)

If it's an app, I'm guessing it will collect each short film from Tales of Us. If there's a new video included, I'm praying they release the audio to iTunes with it. Or at least "Drew" to iTunes.
    Post edited by Jo_ey at 2013-08-07 21:41:19
  • As long as they include Android this time that's fine.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!