Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp on 6Music Roundtable
  • 26 Comments sorted by
  • Wow!Those people are quite underdeveloped;-D I mean this snotty girl and Sean what'sthismagazinename.

But what to expect when they're into music that states "I'm such a rebel because I wear dirty trainers";-) there's nothing to worry about really.

I know,so much maturity coming from me but whatever.

Post edited by Jules at 2013-08-02 09:53:30
  • Cheers Sartori, I'll have a look in on the stand up thread

Jules, I didn't realise the trainers thing, another thing that makes me think someone with zero personality. I thought that Sean bloke was from Rough Trade record shop?
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • st185cs said:

thathurt said:

fuck you other responsibilities getting in the way of radio listening.

thanks, not taken personally tho' la'.  Listen again here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b037k264 Drew starts at about 32.25.  The pathetic review followed on afterwards...

Cheers. No it was aimed at my time consuming responsibilities not yourself
    :P
    I used to listen to round table in the 90s. But it was bad ish then.
  • Border_Mind,that was Sean from the Rough Trade from what I understood.I never heard of him or the stuck up her arse girl before.With the dirty trainers I meant the attitude of him and that girl.

They also have quite funny views of what's authentic.I really couldn't care less so I won't elaborate.

I checked all the band's they mentioned as good and it's nothing worth attention,for me at least.

• Yeah, that's the one. As I say at least Mark Thomas gave it a 6, which isn't bad really.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Sartori said:

Mark Thomas is my favourite comedian of all time , ever , seen him live since the middish 90s - if anyone has seen (or heard as it was on Radio 4) his Bravo Figaro tour , knows just how good comedy can be . 

That was a superb show. I might listen to what he has to say but I'll definitely disagree on the score
  • Ugh, I just now heard it. Beige, she says...The music is beige"!? "Easily digestible but not very tasty"??? Fucking word salad, what a little twat, ahem, I mean twit What a waste, I want my 10 minutes of life back.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

Ugh, I just now heard it. Beige, she says...The music is beige"!? "Easily digestible but not very tasty"??? Fucking word salad, what a little twat, ahem, I mean twit What a waste, I want my 10 minutes of life back.

Well said.  Especially the bit before the "ahem". :))
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • She was snarky from the get go! When i first heard about this BBC6 thing i thought it was going to be a radio interview of sorts, I love those. Alison has been quoted saying she doesn't really like her speaking voice, but I think it's really nice. Will gives a good radio interview too. I'm sure we'll be getting more of those soon.
    Beige...pfft!!!
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-08-02 19:03:30
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Beige? Sepia surely.  ;)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • A severe case of 'Pearls Before Swine' in my ears.

So they don't like it. So what. Listening to Drew out of context (the album) doesn't do it justice imho.
    It's not top-of-the-pops material. Yeah.... And....?
    Makes me think of that scene in Radioheads "Meeting People Is Easy" where they slag off the No Surprises video because to them it's "music to slit your wrists to"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!