Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 769 Comments sorted by
  • Great kit!

And I look dashing when all decked out for the hunt.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-16 08:54:49
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I look as odd, I'm sure, when I'm outfitted for yard work or, worse yet, when I'm walking a mouse or chipmunk far away from the house.  In that case, I have to walk along a road.  I just keep my head down.
  • Not sure what it up with the butterflies around where I work but they all seem to have had a death wish over the past few days. I must have returned over half a dozen to the outside world after they managed to get themselves trapped inside the main entrance at work. Strange how I am always the one that gets called to removed the various fauna that becomes stranded....be it alive or not???
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-20 02:00:11
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • You have an affinity with nature Cervus, that's why you're asked :)

Herding cows! That's what I (didn't) do today. There are never cows round here so to see several jump through gap in hedge is amusing. What wasn't so amusing was the great big bull, but the farmer people knew about it and were there to get them back in field. Though the lady was on the phone to someone named Mike when the cows went running in opposite direction.
  • Thanks @folklore it is nice to be called as long as it isn't some poor half mangled rabbit.

That cow scenario sounds very similar to the situations that arise up near Dad. There are numerous fields of sheep up there and they are constantly escaping esp the young lambs. Dad often sees people trying to coerce them back to where they belong, he has done it on many occasions too and the farmer is always called but by the time he gets there they are either nowhere to be seen as they have got back on their own or have been put back.....he is probably getting a complex about prank calls it happens so often....
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Somebody should really shoot whomever came up with the idea of a lawn.  Week in, week out, mow!  By the way, in Japan they have dirt for lawns.  Smart people.  Parks too, actually.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-30 20:43:10
  • But that glorious aroma...!
  • Hmmm, there is that.  Good point.  And the smell of autumn leaves...awesome!
  • Oh, how I miss it all!
  • You can mow my quarter acre anytime you like...or rake, for that matter.
  • Egad!
  • i'll bring some goats..... lol
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • jozzy81 said:

i'll bring some goats..... lol

Oh man!  You reminded me of a story.  A CEO in a company I used to work for was ranting about saving money.  And, he had this golden boy engineer who, I swear, staked a goat out in front of headquarters.
  • There are two Red Kites over the fields at the front of the house......only normally see one so that good be a good sign they they might set up a territory and breed next year. They are so elegant and effortless.
  • ^great birds, cervus. I see them over my garden once in a while too. Imagine if if was like in the olden days, when they used to take clothes off washing lines and scavenge the streets.

I'd recommend a visit to Gigrin Farm in mid Wales if you're a fan.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!