Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 87 Comments sorted by
  • ... any that I inadvertently bombarded last night ...

LOL, that sounds a bit like accidently murdering someone!

I haven't tried any follow/bookmark stuff yet, so ta for tips on that.

• Regarding an overview of the threads on the Forum... i.e. the "top level"...

You can:

1) click on 'Discussions', the left-most item on the menu, which shows a single list of threads from all categories, sorted by date/time, newest first.

2) click on the big "header" picture, which shows 4 separate lists - one for each of the 4 categories, with threads sorted by date/time, newest first. Each list shows up to 5 threads. This is the view most similar to how the old GMB looked. (This view doesn't seem to be available in mobile mode)

3) click on a Category in the list, top-right. This shows a list of threads in the selected category only, sorted by date/time, newest first. (OK, this is obviously not a "top-level" view)

Between the bar at the top and the blocks down the right the screen does feel very busy at first but once you realise how these can be used to find clumps of posts quickly it actually works very well. I quite like the "Discussions" option on youir own profile page to just keep an eye on threads you started yourself.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-14 10:26:53
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Thread merging!

RT if you agree.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • So, that littlle star at the top of a thread is the same as tapping "follow" on the list of threads and adds it to your bookmark list.
  • Thanks for the tip. Never realized that.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet

• Sparky said:

Could we have an option to view a list of 'my posts' so we can keep a track of replies please? Or am I missing a subscription tab somewhere?

Otherwise, I love my new home - thank you!
    In
    tyring to keep with the letter of Softlad's request, I'm going to put
    my response here.  It's too admirable an effort to try to keep the list
    clean for Admn to ignore.  I probably should have put my reply to
    Border_Mind's comment here, as well.  Border_Mind's comment was
    appropriate. Not sure mine was.

Anyways, Sparky.  If you go to the your page (i.e. "Sparky" button at the top of any page), then go to my preferences, you will find a llist of options that might be helpful.  I don't know as I don't have that desire, so haven't tried.  But, it looks like something you cuold use.

Also, you could do a search on Sparky, which would give you any post with your name in it, including ones you wrote.  Not sure how to make it just your posts, though.  Also, it seems like the search engine has a limit to how many entries it will list.  Facepalm/roll-eyes.  I'm guessing my list would be over the limit....

By th way, I'm not saying what you requested is not a good suggestion.  Just check and see if the preferences covers it.

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-15 10:49:42
  • Well, one more for anyone that hasn't done any messaging, yet.  A nice little feature is that number appears above you inbox and your name (right next to inbox) at the top of the page, if you have messages, to indicate how many messages you have.
  • Okay, a question, this time, If anyone came to this thread when the new posts count was two or three, could you tell me if you arrived on the first page or the second?
  • Well, one more for anyone that hasn't done any messaging, yet.  A nice little feature is that number appears above you inbox and your name (right next to inbox) at the top of the page, if you have messages, to indicate how many messages you have.

May I politely suggest a look back over the threads? I did take a while yesterday to write a little guide to the messaging system:-

http://goldfrapp.com/forum/discussion/comment/1142#Comment_1142
  • I'd suggest the same to everybody at this stage, actually. There are so many posts bombarding some threads at the moment that a quick read back over some of them may have the answers already posted. When the board calms down a little from this initial whirlwind I'm sure it'll be easier to keep pace.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-15 11:09:31

• Sparky said:

Could we have an option to view a list of 'my posts' so we can keep a track of replies please? Or am I missing a subscription tab somewhere?

Otherwise, I love my new home - thank you!
    In
    tyring to keep with the letter of Softlad's request, I'm going to put
    my response here.  It's too admirable an effort to try to keep the list
    clean for Admn to ignore.  I probably should have put my reply to
    Border_Mind's comment here, as well.  Border_Mind's comment was
    appropriate. Not sure mine was.

Anyways, Sparky.  If you go to the your page (i.e. "Sparky" button at the top of any page), then go to my preferences, you will find a llist of options that might be helpful.  I don't know as I don't have that desire, so haven't tried.  But, it looks like something you cuold use.

Also, you could do a search on Sparky, which would give you any post with your name in it, including ones you wrote.  Not sure how to make it just your posts, though.  Also, it seems like the search engine has a limit to how many entries it will list.  Facepalm/roll-eyes.  I'm guessing my list would be over the limit....

By th way, I'm not saying what you requested is not a good suggestion.  Just check and see if the preferences covers it.

I've also answered that on the other thread - it's the "Comments" button on the top of your profile page.
  • I'd suggest the same to everybody at this stage, actually. There are so many posts bombarding some threads at the moment that a quick read back over some of them may have the answers already posted. When the board calms down a little from this initial whirlwind I'm sure it'll be easier to keep pace.

Better brace for the worse as it's nearing the release of the new album.
  • Oops!  And, better answers in both cases!  I could really use that delete button right now.  Sigh.  I have actually tried searching for the answers, in some cases, but, as you say, there are alot of posts...

There are a couple of things that I've been struggling with, like how to keep certain threads, like this one and Softlad's, as clean as possible but the best I can come up with is to completely rewrite the whole threads, which is just way too cumbersome.  An owner's ability to nuke posts would be perfect but seems problematic.  I guess your suggstion is best, Carpy, just try to keep up with what was posted.  I had actually read yours but thought it was just on the topic of sending  and composing messages.  You are clearly more thorough than me!
  • No nuking posts, please.
  • Alan said:

No nuking posts, please.

Yeah, exactly.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!