Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • I'm going to give it a proper listen this afternoon. Been baby sitting a poorly 3 year old who has been pretty vocal about her discomfort.

Nice thing is until the CDs, official release etc, are out the pledgers are the only ones to get to hear the album, except dodgy sources of course (be interesting to see how loyal pledge people are if one does go up on sharing it will be from one of them).
  • Of Monsters and Men - SW3 New Pop Festival full set.

• marnie - crystal world (first listen no comment!) :)

All I'd like to know is how the rest of the album stacks up against the rather good but quite Ladytron first single, The Hunter. That'll give me a yardstick to work from!

Hunter not really a good guide (thank goodness, for me anyway). If you liked the slow burning torch songs on Witching Hour then you will LOVE this record. Maybe not as different as I hoped (it is Ladytron without the harsher, driving, electronic tracks) although `Violet Affair' has a 60's vibe that i'd love to have seen her taken further - the Bertrand Burgalat remix of he took her to a movie is one of my all time fav. tunes. She could so easily take over vocal duties with Broadcast.

BUT the final track Gold is absolutely brilliant. Buy it for this alone!! Starts with quiet piano and builds to great atmospheric synth solo. This is just on repeat in studio at mo (luckily i'm alone at work). :-)

Is this not brilliant!

Post edited by tattmaylor at 2013-06-12 16:12:56
  • Viv Albertine - Confessions of a MILF (Home Sweet Home)

• Killers - Smile Like You Mean It (Madeon Remix)

The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It (Madeon Remix) by Madeon
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

• Quick heads-up: 'Oblique Strategies', Radio 4 Programme about those cards Brian Eno thought up along with Peter Schmidt.  Very interesting.  :-?

Oh, and...

Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-13 18:04:49
  • I must admit I am treating myself to all kinds of goodies on Alan's site ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • ^  ......... which was started later, actually. :)>-
  • ^ Oh dear, not sure if  I follow.... (where's a scratching head emoticon)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • ^ Of the two music threads, this one was started first. That's why I'm posting here.
    There were comments about this the first day somewhere.
  • Ah I see, yeah I guess I can live with two threads of the same title, but am wondering if an admin person can't merge them?
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Here you are.

#
    Halloween_Jack June 11 QuoteFlag
    Haha, Tattmaylor already started a thread of this title. :)
    Avondale guesthouse
    #
    Vote Up0Vote Down AlanAlan June 11 QuoteFlag
    tattmaylor won by 2 minutes. :D

How do I delete a thread?
    Post edited by gst at 2013-06-14 11:31:25
  • Is it just me or is the above post totally glitched out?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • ^ No I messed up when I first posted.
    Better now?
  • Better. Admins are working on the thread merging facility. Hopefully.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!