Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
HD Goldfrapp at Cecil House 2008
  •  Eventually managed to convince yourself or your partner to get a HD tellybox ? (my old tv caught fire ....um woot ?) . Anyhow , the HD broadcast of the Cecil Sharp gig (well 6 tracks) have been kindly been put up in full Capture-The-Audience-In-Full-Jesus-Christ-My-Eyes-O-Vision (or HD for short) for those that have since acquired HD tv`s . This file plays on my tv via a usb stick , I`d presume it`ll play through a PS3 via the same method (?) , but even on a monitor the difference in quality punches you between the eyeboxes .

As `luck` would have it , they even managed to include "Fecking Happiness" in the HD broadcast grrr , the sound is ear lickingly gorgeousness incarnate , the strings and everything sound just brighter . Anywhat , the torrent is over at Dime for those with accounts - tv screen licking has been made legal by law change and is now allowed but in HD only . I haven`t seen this file available before , there are some here who probably have it as stalkers keen fans but this is for those that don`t (um obviously - ed) . Thank you and kudos to the uploader over at Dime .

For any that didn`t know , I had two accounts/names on the other forum , I was also Helikaon - I had two as that was the account on my laptop as I couldn`t remember my password , still talked the same rubbish though haha ie the cover was by me (I lost the original fullsize cover in a hard drive crash) . The cover can retain its professional look to show the correct tracklisting by artistic use of a marker pen or use the other one attached from Dime 
    . The pic below was also from the gig and treated to a Sartori Roll-in-the-Mud Dulex makeover and achieved 10/10 on Sartoris Fox scale .

Video : 1920 x 1080i / 25fps @ 15.7Mbps 
    Video Codec : H.264/MPEG-4 AVC 
    Aspect Ratio : 16:9 
    BBC HD logo 
    Audio track #1: AC3 5.1 48.0 kHz @ 384kbps 
    Audio track #2: MPEG1 layer 2 48.0 kHz @ 256kbps 
    Length : 28:43 

1. You Never Know 
    2. Caravan Girl 
    3. Ooh La La 
    4. Happiness 
    5. Clowns 
    6. Little Bird 
    Time : [28:43]

photo GOLDFRAPP-BBCElectricProms2008.jpg
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-28 06:15:43
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • When I get back in the house later (ie out of this bloomin rain) I'll be having a bit of that - excellent stuff.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I've shared the Cecil Sharp HD-broadcast songs before, though not on Dime. (Megaupload I think... so not available anymore.) This is good opportunity to get all 6 together.

Yes, it looks & sounds great. It you look closely you can spot a bunch of us lot there (that's maybe not such a plus!)

• I've shared the Cecil Sharp HD-broadcast songs before, though not on Dime. (Megaupload I think... so not available anymore.) This is good opportunity to get all 6 together.

Yes, it looks & sounds great. It you look closely you can spot a bunch of us lot there (that's maybe not such a plus!)

Yup , I had them from you when you kindly uploaded them before , cheers HJ . I`ve started this thread for a couple of reasons - its 5 years later................pulls sad face  :(   , for those who now have HD sets and the forum had an overload of whimsy stuff I`m not interested in . As you noticed its like Crimewatch on there haha
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-28 07:10:41
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!