Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4413 Comments sorted by
  • Oh. My. Goodness :x :x :x

Samaris - "Samaris"

I think I've just chanced on a new Icelandic album that made my heart (not literally) stop. There's something about female singers from there and the way their voice sounds and Jófríður Ákadóttir is a perfect example of that.Wow.

Add that to electronica & a clarinet (yes, that's the whole band!) and you've a serious win.

Sing along now!

Góða tungl, um loft þú líður

ljúft við skýja silfur skaut,

eins og viljinn alvalds býður,

eftir þinni vissu braut.

Öllum þreyttum ljós þitt ljáðu,

læðstu’ um glugga sérhvern inn,

lát í húmi hjörtun þjáðu.

Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-07-25 18:07:38
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • This video has masses of appeal - even with the sound turned down!  :)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Karin Park - New Era
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Laura Mvula - Make me lovely

'' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Eddi R - East of us

'' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Don't know why I'm admitting this, but I'm currently listening to highlights from Mulan.

Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-26 06:47:01
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Horror Movie Themes

Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-26 08:05:23
  • Not heard (or heard of) the first and last ones of those four - curious now!

I like a bit of 70's old-school horror so might have to use that newfangled Google thing.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Both brilliant films. 'Let's Scare Jessica to Death' excels where 'Rosemary's Baby,' 'The Exorcist,' and 'The Omen' fall short.
  • Planet Funk - Chase The Sun

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Savoy Brown, "Stay while the night is young".
  • Love the new Little Boots " Nocturnes" album
    Music Junkie
  • It's off vinyl and doesn't have a music video.  However, about this time of night I think that people might need a pick-me-up.....

Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • All of Björk's b-sides.

Somebody put them all in one compilation and of course I had to download.
  • Apple Kisses

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!