Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
(leak talk in this thread)
  • 619 Comments sorted by
  • Joey is right. Leaks happen. It's the day and age of the internet and digitalisation of everything. 
    But these leaks were not leaked in lesser quality: they were deliberately changed by the leaker to sound different from the source material.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-25 10:26:29
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • I'm still on the fence. On one hand I want to listen because I'll be hearing the full thing, but on the other hand I want to wait because sound quality really does make all the difference. And it's a bit like opening your Christmas presents before Christmas.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Stranger said:

It's funny to see you turn around. You were more of an electric Frapp fan before you heard it and when you heard it was mostly acoustic with loads of strings I remember you freaking out LOL.

I know, right?

In fact, I'm still a huge electric frapp fan. But this album blew my mind. Many will disagree with me, but it is a departure even from albums like Seventh Tree and Felt Mountain. The album is unique is all I can say.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Your posts were before the shows, baby cakes.
  • So? I deleted them THE DAY ONE PERSON, YOU, asked for it.
    They were TEN LINES of lyrics. Marked as spoilers. Yet I STILL deleted them for you, send you an apology, and yet you still jump on my back.

Get off my back. And take your knives back home for your collection.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • (Joey: scroll back up to see how Alvar sounds on the album, and how loud and even it sounds in the leak: it makes the song VERY flat sounding).
  • I'll be honest with you, Stranger, every time I played the album through my car speakers, I could hear this hissing sound. I thought it was my old speakers until I started reading more of your posts about the awful sound, compression, etc.

Now I really can't wait to hear it in its full glory.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • It's very hissy. They EQd it. That will fuck it up played on various speakers.
    Everybody thinks they are an audio engineer these days.
  • I feel things need to really chill out, there's always this vibe whenever leak has happened and it's worse I have seen it :(
  • Well, at least there's something to look forward to now.
  • Yes so have I. Oh the memories. The casualties. No survivors. It was so romantic. 
  • If you think about it, all the drama (and I mean ALL the drama) on this board started from the mere leaks.
  • To be more precise: the first bit started with ten lines of text.
  • But there is a double standard on these boards I don't like. People will go mental in public and then send you a PM asking for the files and more lyrics. That's a bit ehm: questionable.
  • (I was being VERY polite when I wrote questionable). - for the record.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!