Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
(leak talk in this thread)
  • 619 Comments sorted by
  • @Sparky are you sure?

    'Jo' is currently my all-time fave.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Yes. Leaks are mislabelled. Which is an inetersting fact.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • folklore said:

    Spitting in their face? The leak talk is going to happen.  if there is a problem then I really don't care if people delete this thread, leak talk was happening elsewhere and people were complaining. Do with this thread what you wish :-D



    I think some people are being a little bit hypocritical and intolerant. This (spoiler) thread has been created only for people who listened to the few songs that leaked, wanting to share their emotions about it. So why people are reading it if they don't like it ? Do they expect to find some recipe to make a good ratatouille ? Or what ? Seriously...

    I'm not fond of album leaks in general, because it can hurt artists. I just know that I bought every Goldfrapp albums, no matter if they did leak or not. Don't tell me nobody ever listen to leaks, please. We're not here for teaching/learning lessons, but for Alison and Will.

    People are free to listen to leaks or not before release.
  • 'Jo' has a Japanese-Geisha-themed musical accompaniment. Love it.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Vesper said:

    folklore said:

    Spitting in their face? The leak talk is going to happen.  if there is a problem then I really don't care if people delete this thread, leak talk was happening elsewhere and people were complaining. Do with this thread what you wish :-D



    I think some people are being a little bit hypocritical and intolerant. This (spoiler) thread has been created only for people who listened to the few songs that leaked, wanting to share their emotions about it. So why people are reading it if they don't like it ? Do they expect to find some recipe to make a good ratatouille ? Or what ? Seriously...

    I'm not fond of album leaks in general, because it can hurt artists. I just know that I bought every Goldfrapp albums, no matter if they did leak or not. Don't tell me nobody ever listen to leaks, please. We're not here for teaching/learning lessons, but for Alison and Will.

    People are free to listen to leaks or not before release.


    +100

    Love you for these words, Vesper!
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

    'Jo' has a Japanese-Geisha-themed musical accompaniment. Love it.



    Yeah. It sounds Asian-ish. Even the first batch of violins VERY much so.
    But only in the beginning.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-24 11:55:07
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Stranger said:

    Alan said:

    'Jo' has a Japanese-Geisha-themed musical accompaniment. Love it.



    Yeah. It sounds Asian-ish. Even the first batch of violins VERY much so.


    Then it's not mislabeled. Thank God.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • (It seems some people have mislabelled songs and some do not, which means either there are more than one leaks going on OR somebody is mislabeling their downloads and respreading them here).
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Alan: Jo=you better run for your life. Alvar is (first words) I felt it come.

    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • :P
    Post edited by iWannaLife at 2013-07-24 12:11:33
  • @Stranger what?? I'm re-listening to 'Jo' right now and it starts with neither of those lines.

    I'm confused.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • @Stranger never mind. Yes, my copy of 'Jo' has 'run for your life'.

    Phew!! I feel relieved. I love 'Jo'.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • It's a good album opener.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Let me make it very clear that both me and my partner have been buying everything by Goldfrapp we can get hold of for the last 7 years (we got together partly because of a mutual madness for Frappness)

    Leaks are harmful and they mean less money for an artist, but that is why most artists tour, to ensure revenue from a live product which can't be pirated like mp3s. It's the modern business model for the music industry and leaks sometimes turn out to be free publicity. Piracy would have been outlawed by now, because the technology certainly exists. Locking people out of music could damage an artist more than a conventional digital leak. I don't condone theft.

    I can't help myself because I was spellbound and transported by the gig. I can't say that about Head First. So yes, I ripped the Youtube vids which I will not share (you had your chance) and I've been very hungry for the tracks which weren't performed live, or on youtube. They are out there.

    I will be buying like a completist for this album which is better than any wish-list dream Frapp album I could imagine. I hope you all will, leak or not.

    image
  • Stranger said:

    It's a good album opener.



    Couldn't agree more! That's why I got a little worried because 'Alvar' wouldn't be such a great album opener. 'Jo' on the other hand sounds so mysterious and the subtle build-up is just sublime.

    Listening to 'Jo', I always imagine a traditional Japanese house, a Geisha sitting down and staring at the ticking clock.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet