Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
(leak talk in this thread)
  • So yeah want to discuss leaks? Go insane here :O)
    Post edited by folklore at 2013-07-26 04:56:00
  • 619 Comments sorted by
  • I'm ignoring all leaks until the release date.
    I just hope that album versions are not that different from live ones!
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Alan said:

They say Stranger is sublime.

It is, remember? Like when you heard the entire album?  :-*
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Stranger said:

Alan said:

They say Stranger is sublime.

It is, remember? Like when you heard the entire album?  :-*

I thought it was our secret. :-*
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • It's ok: You listened to the press stream privately. You heard the album preview. Big deal right?
    Nothing was recorded. Nothing leaked. No files were exchanged. Simply said: it didn't cause a leak of any kind.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • I know so. The leak originates from somebody else who obviously does not understand watermarking and how it can lead straight back to his source or himself.

I will listen to my (Legal) LQ stream until Sep. And then I can download the 24 bit wavs until the box arrives in Nov.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-24 10:57:52
  • I think a thread about leaks should be moderated off an official band's page to begin with.
    It's like spitting in their face.
  • Alan said:

@Vesper haha, exactly why I never listen to live versions before the studio ones.

I think that's just stupid and backwards.

Well most of us aren't shallow liars and take advantage of someone just so they could listen to a stream of the album. That worked out well for you anyway, I was just stupid enough to listen to it live first, stupid twat that I am , what the.fuck was I thinking.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Alan said:

Take advantage? What the hell are you even on about? Get your facts straight, you little gossiper. LOL

Meh! Alan baby, please stop embarrassing yourself it's like watching a clown car crash . I've said to your face not behind your back, gossiping is behind someone's back . You lied (and you admitted it on the forum) and if you lie to someone for gain, you.have automatically taken advantage of them (their good nature, gullibility, naivety or whatever) , a posted redundancy on my behalf but true nonetheless

Anyway the albums leaking, I feel sorry for the band, I expect some more tidbits to officially come out
    , well hope anyway. Photo set, fingers crossed for something to set the visual mood.
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-24 19:19:23
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

The leak has either been tempered with or they decided to go for a last minute (over)compressed sound which I find hard to believe.

On your left: The waveform from the official (!) Alvar press preview. It sounds perfect in it's build-up and sound levels and in relative volume to the rest of the stream.

On your right: The 320kbps mp3 leak of Alvar. The waveform is compressed. The result? It sounds much louder overall and hardly any differences between the more quiet parts of the song remain, leading up to the final build up, meaning it was altered compared to the earlier preview when at this stage mastering should long have been completed.

I smell fish.
  • Even though they are not originals or transcoded from 128 to 320, essentially it's still the same song.

Sure, the quality is not gonna satisfy the audiophiles nor will the leaked files replace the original album for us, but a leak is a leak, it served its purpose.

The con: surprise and anticipation are no more.

But I still look forward to September 9th. ;)

Thanks, everyone. :)
    Post edited by Alan at 2013-07-25 10:07:09
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Trust me Alan: they have been compressed to death and Drew is the video version of the song and not the album version. So this leak is compiled, reprocessed, remastered, botched mastering, dynamic compression set so high it plays back loud on all levels where it should not and it's a shame IF it had to leak that this is the first impression people get of an album that sounds so much better.

• Alan said:

I made Sarotri so maaaad. He just can't leave me alone. Tweeting in my honor all over the forum. :))

Keep 'em tweets coming, dude. ;)

Meh whatever !  I got 11 on Alan Bingo on the Goldfrapp Alan Forum today WOOT!.

I feel sorry for the poor Goldfrapp Alan Forum , all that work that Alison Alan and Will Alan put into their Alan`s music , then all of Goldfrapps Alans work is leaked and people all over the Goldfrapp Alan Forum are sad for Alison Alan and Will Alan . Bless us , as fans of Goldfrapp Alan , we can only that  they Alan do well in sales of their his album .

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-25 13:16:10
  • SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP
  • Kiyuri said:

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

THIS!
  • I can't find it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!