Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Goldfrapp Promo Video Compilation Hunt - Redux!
  • We tried on the last board lets have a fresh go and see where we get to.

What we're looking for is the best quality copy of each music video promo with no captions, video overlays or whatever. Preferably DVD quality and not upscaled from a lesser sized one so we can keep the quality.

We know some exist on promo or compilation DVDs, some were released online etc.

First things first, here's the list as far as I know it. Can folks correct/amend/delete and we'll see what we need to go after between us. Bound to have missed something as, oddly enough, my brain is currently still in Manchester :D

Lovely Head
    Lovely Head (Alternate Garden Version)
    Utopia
    Utopia (Dylan Kendle Directors Cut)
    Human
    Pilots
    Train
    Strict Machine
    Twist
    Black Cherry
    Ooh La La
    Number 1
    Number 1 {Alan Braxe and Fred Falke Mix}
    Ride A White Horse
    Fly Me Away (Jaako & The Poet)
    Fly Me Away (Unfinished)
    Satin Chic
    A & E
    Clowns (Super 8)
    Happiness
    Caravan Girl
    Yellow Halo
    Melancholy Sky
    Drew

EPK (Electronic Press Kit) videos:-

A Trip To Felt Mountain
    Black Cherry
    Supernature
    Twisted Summer (Parts 1 + 2)

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  •  Sorry for my brain , is the list a compilation of "wants" or a list of ones that have been obtained ?

I have Pilots on an original compilation DVD , which I suppose everyone has already ? 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • The idea is that we build the best compilation we can between us and share the wealth.

As nothing came through officially during the Singles era we can only assume it's not on their radar so we might as well get it done ourselves!
  • I've got a US in-house compilation including the "clean" and regular versions of Train and 5 or 6 other vids. Can't remember the exact tracklisting off the top of my head and no idea if it's an official Mute promo. Will let you know when I'm back home on the 30th!
  • Cool - I've not even gone through my own stuff yet but just wanted to put the idea iet there while I thought of it. I think we should be able to do pretty well between us all!
  • Oh i wouldn't bother your arse with this, remember what happened when i showed off the DVD i was building? But, if you want to, there's 3 cuts of Train, an alternate cut of Twist and RAWH, remix videos for Train and Strict, the "live" version of FMA, a video cut together for some art project for Strict Machine (clips of Alison backstage somewhere), the Believer video, the Short Film for Seventh Tree which i guess would fall under EPK, and there isn't a Melancholy Sky video (least i don't think so, can't remember one). If what you're looking for is downloads i can help out but you might get a bitch slap from management like i did.
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-07-20 08:27:39
  • Is this new version or old and forgotten?
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Thats the old video. And i just noticed you're actually missing everything from Head First in that list Carpy, i know it's a bit of a duffer album but the videos weren't that bad :P From memory this is whats missing, i might have overlooked something though

Train (Daytime Edit)
    Train (Dawn Shadforth Showreel Edit)
    Train (T Raumschmiere Remix)
    Twist (Unfinished Edit)
    Strict Machine (Benni Benassi Sfaction Edit)
    Strict Machine (Lyric Project)
    Strict Machine (Live at Eden Project)
    Ride A White Horse (Alternate Edit)
    Fly Me Away (MySpace Exclusive: Live at Brixton)
    Rocket
    Alive
    Alive (Vampire Mix by Chris Goulstone and The Chapel Of Rock)
    Believer

Seventh Tree Short Film
  • To be honest you've now put me off the idea entirely but I do appreciate you checking on the list - thorough work as ever!

Just thought it might be a bit of fun but if it just got you hassle when you tried there's no real point in getting started.
  • Well you were there, you remember how it went. I started up a thread for a DVD of the videos I was making, they deleted it with no notice or word about it. But the thread where people shared the videos as individual files stayed up just fine. So I dunno, if you're sharing individual files it'll probably be fine, just dont make up a DVD or BluRay of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!