Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • chokka said:

? Carpy is quiet.... Thought he was doing the double too?

I'm here ok but enjoying chilled drinks in the hotel bar, shopping and some nice chat. It's great having a whole bunch of Frappers around in one place for a while :)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Ah lovely!

Be warned ill probably be latching on to youfrappy types at tonights gig!
  • yay!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Thank you all you wonderful peeps for posting pics and your reviews of the show. So jealous here in Boston. A few of the pics made me gasp ! Just gorgeous and I can only imagine what it sounded like. Can't wait for them to come across the pond.
  • Here at the IBIS trying to cool down before this evenings sweat fest #:-S
  • 1st vid on youtube ? Of course its Drew ! Last night will last long in the memory (well as long as mine lasts these days) Great to meet the old gang agan, more wonderful memories to come later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hifMhKNq4e8

Post edited by Micky at 2013-07-18 11:09:23
    www.themummers.co.uk
    photo 48d99ea1-4ff3-47b4-a076-5c9c0bc0a716_zpsbb643bce.jpg
  • Pretty much wrecked by the persons attempts to sing and whistle along though.
  • Not much I can add to all the superlatives. It was a fantastic evening and I liked the understated nature of many of the new songs, beautifully augmented by the orchestra. I've said this before but Goldfrapp albums remind of films/film genres and my first reactions is that the likes of 'Drew' suggest French dramas about tragic/lost love whereas the likes of 'Laurel' (my other favourite0 suggests American film noir a la LA Confidental, the Black Dahlia and Chinatown. More ideas may come to me tonight and, of course, when we finally get the hear the album.

Great to hear the likes of 'Clowns', Paper Bag' and 'Little Bird' with the string section. Some compensation for not being able to go the Cecil Sharp House gig.

Being in the company of old friends and new from the GMB in to the wee small hour made it even more special and a night to cherish.

Must log off now. Not long until tonight's gig :)
  • I cudnt understand the no photos sign then someone one behind me was using a slr or bridge camera. Ill try to c if my shit pics r rescueable. Saw a camera guy upstairs with Lisa but not sure if video camera as it didnt look like a lens n extension tubes as nornal. It was nice to meet lots of u. Think we moved right to get to the 3rd row. Near Kokofrapp n friends. Its amazing when youre not surrounded by Londoners talking through the entire set. :D

Chokka you do not look like your profile pic sir.

God I am still fucked. Cudnt sleep. Dont park in Great Northen NCP 13 quid for 5 hours n it took ages to find way back into the car park from the generic cinema complex thing.
  • Great to see you, and others, again keith. I was chuffed that - as the more umm, senior members... we managed to stay-up/drink longer than the others! Well, ok - along with Laura and Dreeke. :) Enjoy tonight. Wish I could've stayed!
  • @thathurt.... I don't?????

What were you expecting?
  • Did anyone else get one of those canvassy-arty-type-i can't remember what they called them now- prints from the tiniest merch stand in the world? :)
  • I did. 2/200 :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • So what time did the fun end?
  • Hey guys, I'm new here so hello to you all! My real name is Stephen. The show was fantastic last night, the new album sounded perfect and the old material at the end was such a treat, especially with Will on stage. After the show me and my friend were lucky enough to meet Will who chatted to us for a bit and signed our album sleeves. So much fun.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!