Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Cornwall / Avondale (Halloween Jack)
  • Yes, I'm being a self-serving bar-steward, and starting a thread that's just to do with me... or rather - Frapper folk who pop down to Newquay/Cornwall to visit. Similar to one on t'GMB.

I have a guesthouse, and a fair few GMBers have stayed here over the years. Discounts available to Goldfrapp Forumers! lol

Stephanie and Frankie Buttons (RubySlipper on GMB) both came here (not together, just happy coincidence) in 2008. Umm, neither are on the Frapp boards these days, but I'm still in touch with them on Twitter. Hopefully they'll join here? Anyway, a nice pic of me + S + FB. And Oscar the Vizsla.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-06-16 08:59:32
  • 37 Comments sorted by
  • Later in the year, when I'm firmly in my new job, I might take a long train down and partake of your place for a few days. Been meaning to for ages.

Obviously, I'll yell out to arrange/book nearer the time but I really must do so at some point - that end of the world is lovely.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • DCBaxter has visited - with family - quite a few times. Here is one of David & the whole Baxter gang:

• Later in the year, when I'm firmly in my new job, I might take a long train down and partake of your place for a few days. Been meaning to for ages.
    Obviously, I'll yell out to arrange/book nearer the time but I really must do so at some point - that end of the world is lovely.

You'd be very welcome Carpy. Yeah, in particular the cliff/beach walk between here and Padstow is stunning!
  • Phil (Fenlander62 on here) visited in 2009. I took this pic of him at a Marillion gig in a Cornish cave...

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-06-13 16:22:07
  • Some of you have met Giles (twiity on the GMB)... he's staying here tonight, avec lady friend. He's one of those lucky buggers doing BOTH Manchester shows AND Somerset House!
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-06-14 06:17:36
  • Hahaha!  And, I expected that you were pitching for a Goldfrapp concert in Avondale/Cornwall. 

Hmmm, can't recall if you ever told me your rates.  Like I said, if I come over, it will be for awhile.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-13 16:32:52
  • Me and Giles from tonight, out on the patio...

• hahaha.... top pitch! Can't know Cornwall beautiful place.

How about going further! You should do a Goldfrapp themed room. Goldfrapp theme weekends. Goldfrapp karaoke nights! You can pay me for these ideas later ;-)

On a serious note have you got a cot bed? (so i we could get a 5 yo and 3 yo's in one room?). Might be quite useful. We have good friends in Goonhaven who we don't see as much as we want to, but it's a bit of full house these days with kids. So instead of kipping on floor we used the travelodge opposite station just for sleeping (...but it had nooo parking!!!!) :(
  • ^ Hi Tatt, I do have a cot bed (one of those collapsible ones), and there are "triple" rooms - that is, with a double bed + a single bed + en-suite.

BTW, did I remember right that you will be down this way for the Eden / Sigur Ros gig? :)

• I was thinking triple with a cot aswell (as i have 3 and5yo). Does price include breakie? Then again my partner will probably go a bit mad with all potential music/frapp talk. hehe! Anyhow... i know where you live ;-)

^ Yep, going Sigur Ros (the reason i can't really justify Bristol Frapp with time/money) PLUS it will be without kids for day and night ...bloody hurrah!). Going with our mates from 'Goon'arrvern!'
  • thanks for putting us up HJ, super comfy bed and plenty of goldfrapp talk :)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Yeah, great to see you again, Giles. :) Shame it was a bit of short stay. 

Well done driving back! I never drive out of Cornwall these days...

• oh my lordy... are you anywhere near the eden project? me and the bf are wanting to go down and see it, and id love to come stay at your guest house! just to say hello etc :)
  • cookiee, near-ish! lol Eden project is about 22 miles away, or half an hour's drive. Yes, do come and say hello. :)

• I was thinking triple with a cot aswell (as i have 3 and5yo). Does price include breakie? Then again my partner will probably go a bit mad with all potential music/frapp talk. hehe! Anyhow... i know where you live ;-)
    ^ Yep, going Sigur Ros (the reason i can't really justify Bristol Frapp with time/money) PLUS it will be without kids for day and night ...bloody hurrah!). Going with our mates from 'Goon'arrvern!'

I might see you at Sigur Ros / Eden then... 2 weeks today! Can't wait. :)

If you have chance, or it's on your way, do pop in and have a look at the rooms etc. I wouldn't charge for the 3yo & 5yo... the charge per-adult per-night would be about £28 with full brekkie.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-06-16 08:37:09

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!