Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp live in Bristol on Jun 23
  • GOLDFRAPP LIVE IN BRISTOL ON JUN 23

Hello Deers,

We wanted you all to be the first to know that we are performing an intimate one-off show at the Trinity Centre in Bristol next Sunday, June 23rdTickets are available now right here in very limited numbers, so make sure you grab yours before they go.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-05 04:06:28
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • 580 Comments sorted by
  • alex_f said:

In amongst all the good news sorry to hear that! Everybody says this when that happens but it turns out to be true a lot of the time - something WILL come along and things will be ok. May not seem like it on the day as I can testify to from a couple of months ago but when you least expect it the worls finds a way to balance things out.

Thank you! I have a slight hope that it will all be sorted out by the time of the gig :)

Although it says a lot about my priorities in life - when I got the e-mail about tickets I was walking to a job interview (with 5 minutes to spare), immediately stopped right on the street and purchased the ticket on my phone, and only then continued on to the interview.
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Its a world-over talk during Goldfrapp concerts scenario , previously (in the shows I`ve been to) I think they didn`t pace their set correctly , 2 slowies or even oldies in a row invites those who can`t shut up for five minutes to talk - not Goldfrapps fault , but not helped by them either . I don`t talk during gigs full stop , even if I was on fire . 

...BUT , in the last few years , there seems to have been a massive influx of a new type of fucktard who think gigs are social events to talk anytime , to take phonecalls in the middle of a set , to phone friends and invite them over to where they`re standing , then wave and jump up and down , usually with a shitty pink Blackberry in their hand with enough Bling on it to make Mr T cry with shame.
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-17 15:58:14
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I don't know, you wait for years then all these plops come along at once...
    "its MY favourite song"
  • It was a bloke who drummed his heart out in Train and I loved him for it :)

• Post edited by subrussian at 2013-06-24 04:35:15

Post edited by amf123 at 2013-06-24 05:18:52
  • amf123 said:

Just watched that vid and fell in love with the DMG* a little all over again. So easy to forget.

{sigh}

:x

(* there's a memory tester for you from the old board!)
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-24 07:52:13
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• Sick!  Argghhh!!  That kind of short notice drives me a little crazy.  There is no way I can get to this and this will now be the very first performance.  

Anyone going??
  • Amazing news, and vaguely in my part of the country! But... I have guests in that w/e. Arggghh.

I'd be there if it wasn't a weekend. Are they gonna do 'tales' stuff i wonder??
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-06-13 05:24:41
  • Looks like holding back from Manchester paid off for me , King of Woots . The short time means touts will struggle to get tickets and send them out double woot . Ticket bought , its riding on the back of a sleek racing cat to my front door as I type .

image imageimageimageimage

• .....ps havent told the wife I`m going yet , my next message might be from under a railway bridge 
  • Nooooooo! Can I make it to Bristol I just don't think I can GUTTED

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!