Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp live in Bristol on Jun 23
  • 580 Comments sorted by

• This could be a year like heaven for some Goldfrapp fans.  Can you imagine seeing them in such an intimate location AND seeing "Tales of Us" in Albert Hall with a full Orchestra!??!?!  Sheesh!

I'm lost about Albert Hall, by the way.  I thought that was in London.

Yeah, you are right, there is the infamous Royal Albert Hall in London, easy to get confused
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-13 13:32:33
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Ah gotcha...

I'm thick sometimes :)

Well I hope the Bristol gig is a fine selection of vintage frapp!
  • Amazing news, and vaguely in my part of the country! But... I have guests in that w/e. Arggghh.

I'd be there if it wasn't a weekend. Are they gonna do 'tales' stuff i wonder??

I should think it'll be a bit of a run through for the Manchester shows.
  • ^ Err, nope, Phil. See the posts above about my tweet/reply, Lovebox & Somerset House. :)

• The things is that MIF will be completely different anyway due to the way everything is being scored for the orchestra. Alison mentioned that the LB & SH shows will be quite different than MIF due to being the more normal 'band version'.

If Bristol is a warm up for those then it's still not really going to give away how MIF will be.

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Evening all.....just wanted to apologise to anyone living in the East Midlands..... those grey clouds and thunderstorms have all been my fault today. Since finding about the Bristol gig and not being able to go, well that cloud has been following me all day...sniff. Still feeling V sorry for myself....
  • Sorry for you too KatRobin, hope you get some kind of consolation soon, I know it's no consolation I would like to go but it's absolutely impossible for me as well

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

• The things is that MIF will be completely different anyway due to the way everything is being scored for the orchestra. Alison mentioned that the LB & SH shows will be quite different than MIF due to being the more normal 'band version'.

If Bristol is a warm up for those then it's still not really going to give away how MIF will be.

When I see you post MIF for some unknown reason I can't help but see MILF.
  • Pity it's not London - can't do Bristol on Sunday and get back for work on Monday. Enjoy - those lucky people who can make it.
    Just hoping we get some longer previews of TOU before Manc....
  • I feel a bit mean in hoping TOU is kept under wraps until MIF, a reckon if Bristol setlist is purely the "classics" (not necessarily singles) it would be like the band saying "Hey y'all did ya miss us?"

:)
  • My students may find their teacher a little tired next Monday after the drive back from Bristol!
  • thekaty said:

My students may find their teacher a little tired next Monday after the drive back from Bristol!

Tireder......but with a big fixed grin ---> :D
  • thekaty said:

My students may find their teacher a little tired next Monday after the drive back from Bristol!

Tireder......but with a big fixed grin ---> :D

Indeed!
  • alex_f said:

Although it says a lot about my priorities in life.......

That you have them right?
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-13 18:07:49
  • Yes. And I won't change them ever :-)
    Formerly known as alex_t.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!