Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • Seeing as the excitment of a new board seems to have inspired such thread title's "what have you got in your pockets today?' to 'If Alison was a fruit which fruit would she be?' thought I'd try and get back that other little thing...     ...music! :-/

Thought this went really well first time with GMB MIXTAPE #1 (on old board) .. but not so much on GMB MIXTAPE #2?

But  as there's seem to be loads of activity on here, it being all spanking new and all, thought i'd try again.

So same rules as before. You could do as little as a link to youtube (er...Ponygurl ;-) ) up to a spotify list or the deluxe full downloadable compilation with cover and everything. I see no problem with sharing mix tapes compilations online as it does nothing but increase sales and exposure in my view BUT don't post track name on this thread to avoid upsetting anyone. Anyway whatever you can mange, it's all about discovering new music.

So I'm making it easy this time .... in homage to Goldfrapp's - Tales of Us...

...TRACKS THAT FEATURE A SINGLE NAME.

• 18 Comments sorted by

• Faithless - "Angeline"        YT
    Human League - "Louise" YT 
    OMD - "Christine"         YT 
    Madeon - "Icarus"    YT 
    Genesis -  "Domino" YT 
    Gregor Salto - "Azul" YT 
    Joris Voorn - "Ringo" YT  (I`m in this clip coincidentally - not one of the spliff head eejits) 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-09 11:18:56
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Here's mine.... but only as track names. So for those who find it fun can you guess the artists?

(will upload later)  ;-)

01 > Jackie   
    02 > Isabel   
    03 > Tomoko   
    04 > Valerie   
    05 > Laura   
    06 > Yulia   
    07 > Bodo   
    08 > Corinne   
    09 > Marian   
    10 > Joshua   
    11 > Billie   
    12 > Trinity   
    13 > Gorecki   
    14 > Alison   
    15 > Mary   
    16 > Judas   
    17 > Isobel   
    18 > Melody
  • Ooops I meant to come back and have a stab at some of these. Sorry.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Well suppose there are other more exciting things going down this week ;)
  • Tracks 18 is bloody essential from all you TofUS fans.

An absolute classic and from a concept album by a old French bloke about a girl called Melody ;)
  • Tracks 18 is bloody essential from all you TofUS fans.

An absolute classic and from a concept album by a old French bloke about a girl called Melody ;)

Is that a cis woman named Melody?
    If I were dead, could I do this?

• iuventus said:

Tracks 18 is bloody essential from all you TofUS fans.

Is that a cis woman named Melody?

"The Lolita-esque pseudo-autobiographical plot involves the middle-aged man unintentionally colliding his Rolls Royce Silver Ghost into teenage nymphet Melody Nelson's bicycle, and the subsequent seduction and romance that ensues"
  • Whew! At least it's not exploiting non-cisgender culture.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-16 06:27:03
  • iuventus said:

Whew! At least it's not exploiting non-cisgender culture.

So much simpler in the 60's/70's. Pop music was just dirty old men having sex with under age girls.
  • Alas!
  • Ha!  "Alison"!  The only one that comes to mind is Linda Rontstadt (sp?).  Every time I hear that song, now, I think of Goldfrapp...of course.

I like that it's all first names, like ToU.

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-16 07:44:14
  • ^ you got me thinking. How many songs called Alison?

I know:
    Elvis Costello
    Pixies

+ the one on compilation is by Slowdive (a lost hidden gem of a song!)
    Post edited by tattmaylor at 2013-07-16 07:49:16
  • I could list a couple dozen easily. To make a cohesive mix is another story.

• + the one on compilation is by Slowdive (a lost hidden gem of a song!)

^Agreed!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!