Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • Carried over during the last days before the purge . The title says it all . And I`m going to kick its back doors in before it even starts by posting upcoming trailers for films unreleased yet , more of a "Films I`m Looking Forward To , Hope They`re Not Shit" thread start

Hobbit 2 

300 - Rise of an Empire

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-13 08:45:27
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • "Man of Steel" , everything and I mean everything in the film is mind bendingly awesome , from the home planet of Krypton to the melancholic and touching moments with his earth father , the flying that seems to be drawn on real physics rather than man on a rope , the destructiony bits , oh the fighting , the special effects that blend in as if its common day thing to have bloody spacecraft in your garden , the speed of the fighting with Zods crew , the foxiness of the bad lady , Russell Crowe awesome dadness , the fighting and by gum , the scale of the destruction of things , Zods speech (and you`ll know the one I mean after seeing it) with the other side of the coin , the touching human moments (above them all) made it a film I`ll see again with the same childlike eagerness that made me go this morning . 

Zack you have made a film to be proud , Superman reboot or not , its a film of touching moments to me , we all take and enjoy different things but thats what I took .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Dreeke said:

I've been meaning to watch Girl Who Leapt Through Time for a while and I've now heard it mentioned twice in last couple of days.

I guess I really should get round to it!

Watch it! NOW!  ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • I've not been getting on very well with films recently, been watching series instead, but I did see 'Savages' the other night, not bad, Oliver Stone is still a decent enough director I guess, but think he reached his peak a couple of decades ago.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I've not been getting on very well with films recently, been watching series instead, but I did see 'Savages' the other night, not bad, Oliver Stone is still a decent enough director I guess, but think he reached his peak a couple of decades ago.

Yeah, there's something about series.  I think it's that you get a chance to get familiar with the characters.
  • Super Fuzz (aka Super Snooper)
    Evil Dead (2013)
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Re-watched Hunger Games for the first time since seeing it on cinema release.

It's just as good now on blu-ray as it was then in the flicks ie very good indeed.

Actually quite excited for the next film, once it turns up, and will probably head to the bigger screen to see it.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• Yeah, there's something about series.  I think it's that you get a chance to get familiar with the characters.

I think that's true, certain series I've been watching in recent times like True Blood and Star Trek TNG are very character driven, one gets attached to certain characters or aspects of them, I must admit I am kind of silly giggly every time Wesley Crusher appears in Star Trek TNG, given that Will Wheaton now makes frequent cameos in Big Bang Theory ;)

And good call Carpathian, I liked Hunger Games, I realise it isn't to everyone's tastes, but I think it really has quite a lot of depth considering, you know it's judged as a kind of teen movie or what have you, I liked it anyway.
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-13 15:54:34
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  •  I am kind of silly giggly every time Wesley Crusher appears in Star Trek TNG, given that Will Wheaton now makes frequent cameos in Big Bang Theory ;)

I've only watched a few episodes of BBT, so I must have missed it.  That would be interesting. 

And, exactly, character-driven stories, where the main plot gets into the people's lives.  One that I still roll my eyes about avery time I mention adoring it, is Gilmore Girls.  It just knocked my socks off the first time I saw it.  I bought the series and can't say how many times I've watched it.  It is soooo grilie, though, that I blush.

A more manly one ( ;;) ) is Burn Notice.  It's going into it's seventh and last season and it is really great.  It's a spy that got kicked out and is trying to get back into the system.  Ummm, kinda thnk Mcgyver meets, ummm,  Mr. and Mrs. Smith.?  His girlfiend is an sassy assassin.  It's filmed in Miami.  I wonder if Ms. A has ever seen it being filmed.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-13 16:24:32
  • I'll say this Mr and Mrs Smith is a film that carries some memories, will have to check those out then.

The Will Wheaton thing in BBT is very funny indeed. Big Bang Theory is shown EVERYDAY over here, but I like it so am not complaining.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Rosemary's Baby

Please don't ask me what I think of it.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I'm kinda curious Alan, but as you said you don't want to be asked. Personally I haven't watched it for a long time but I don't know if I would say 'like' is the right word, I don't hate it either, Polanski carries a lot of controversies, I'm not sure what the appropriate response for me would be regarding someone I think is well really dodgy basically, but can not deny his qualities as a director, as a human being he seems pretty loathsome...
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-13 17:25:38
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I'll say this Mr and Mrs Smith is a film that carries some memories, will have to check those out then.

I love that! I think it's actually very sexy, like a stupidly violent tango...with rocket launchers :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • V/H/S/2 O_O
  • folklore said:

V/H/S/2 O_O

OMG, saw it last night. Honestly, I enjoyed VHS 1 quite a bit. That's the only reason why I decided to see the 2. And I have to say what a piece of shite it was. I'm getting fed up with all these found-footage type of movies. They are nothing but disappointment, usually. Ugh.

:)
    Post edited by Alan at 2013-06-13 17:36:02
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I'm kinda curious Alan, but as you said you don't want to be asked. Personally I haven't watched it for a long time but I don't know if I would say 'like' is the right word, I don't hate it either, Polanski carries a lot of controversies, I'm not sure what the appropriate response for me would be regarding someone I think is well really dodgy basically, but can not deny his qualities as a director, as a human being he seems pretty loathsome...

Don't wanna turn my reply into a novel. So I'll be brief. I saw it because I'm fascinated by NYC in the 60's era, because I like Mia Farrow, and finally because of Roman Polanski. I got into such a heated argument with a friend of mine (one who insisted I see it) that I refuse to talk about it with anyone ever again. Well, maybe not that serious. ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!