Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 769 Comments sorted by
  • I was very pleased with this taken at high-speed, mid flap. I love being able to see the organisation of the wing structure fanned out like that......:-

I call them a "con-duck-tor" :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I'd be pleased with a photo like that too nice one mister.
    "con-duck-tor" I see what you mean yeah

Here's a tough urban swan for you all, this guys is a legend I kid you not

photo swan1_zpsa9e1c9cd.jpg
    photo swan2_zps73f08f64.jpg

Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-04 20:47:34
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Nice duck Carpy, wings/feathers are pretty amazing aren't they?
    Swans are well hard sometimes, I worked at a local amusement park in my college holidays, there was this one swan we nick-named the godfather, he used to bully all the other swans on the lake and pin them all up one corner while he floated round the rest on his own.
  • A very sweet but slightly repetitive Chiffchaff 'Chiff chaff-ing' outside the kitchen door.

'' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • ^ Nice, Cervus. It might have been Edward Thomas who described the sound of the first ChiffChaffs of Spring as "Hammering their tiny nails into Winter's coffin"
  • If anyone would like to sign a petition against Iceland's continuing whaling, there a new initiative here
    Post edited by whisperit at 2013-07-11 14:26:43
  • your links a bit skewiff whisperit, just an extra http at the end :) have signed petition.

In nature notes, I've been accepted onto an ecology and conservation course with Leicester Uni! I don't have to go there because it's distance learning but there is a week long residential school where we look at nature and all that. It's probably a bit more indepth than just go outside take a nice look then go back inside again. I dunno though, I hope it also involves a sit down and a kit kat aswell.
  • ^Thanks, Folks. I think Ive fixed the link now.

Great news about the course! I bet the residential bit will involve Kit Kats. They're a kind of animal, anyhow.
  • signed :) 
    well done folkie, come visit i'm just down the road from leicester! :D
  • Congrats Caitlin! :)

The students I have stay at my place do subjects such as "Applied ecology" and "Marine conservation". Interesting stuff, and yeah - they get trips when they're able to be, like, at one with nature.

• Thanks you all! :)

lol @HJ, are they just totally groovy? Cos I can get in on that!

@ping the residential school is in Yorkshire I think, is that near Leicester? *embarrassed face* ok just looked on google maps and Yorkshire is really high and Leicester is in middle.
  • Lol, "Yorkshire" is three counties, and Leicester a town, i think?
  • Haha, yeah yourkshire is a little way away...
    folklore said:

your links a bit skewiff whisperit, just an extra http at the end :) have signed petition.

In nature notes, I've been accepted onto an ecology and conservation course with Leicester Uni! I don't have to go there because it's distance learning but there is a week long residential school where we look at nature and all that. It's probably a bit more indepth than just go outside take a nice look then go back inside again. I dunno though, I hope it also involves a sit down and a kit kat aswell.

My sister lives in Leicester . Sorry, just saying. ;;)
  • lol well Leicester is more popular than I thought!

In Nature Notes, my cat ate several moths last night, but there was this one bug thing that looked very strange! It had a long thin body which was sort of red and there was a big stinger on the end of it, it looked like ordinary flying thing apart from that, anyway my cat ate that too which worried me what with it's massive stinger! She seems fine though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!