Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Interview Aussie Telegraph - Manchester gig to be filmed

• http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/goldfrapp-is-back-from-the-brink/story-fnejoevq-1226673790808

"There'll be short films made for five of the album's tracks (Goldfrapp will appear in two) and the band will film their first live premiere of Tales Of Us at Manchester later this month, joined by an orchestra"

Yes!  
    Post edited by Una at 2013-07-11 04:21:56
  • 33 Comments sorted by
  • There's some good stuff tucked away in there - things we've guessed at from reading between the lines but now clearly put by Alison herself
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• Yes, it must have been frustrating and infuriating for Alison not being able to speak her mind during that period, we know how she likes to be straight!

• Oh wonderful... Hopefully for inclusion on the box set!!!!
  • I hope it isn't in the box set...........

.....cos then we'll get the gig in whatever for it appears in AND whatever is in the box set. That equates to more things and is therefore better :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I'd like it to be in the boxset (on the DVD, not just the audio shoved on the CD), but i doubt it's going to happen. Toasted are filming quite a few of the MIF shows but i don't think it's to film for release, just for promo and TV coverage.
  • Fair point Carpy... Plus that means more frappers can buy it!!

Are Toasted deffo filming frapp though? I thought the band filmed things anyway??
  • It's what they said on Twitter, and they've posted a few pictures of them laying out camera positions on the hall.
  • Fair do's.... Well You Never Know.....

Talking of which that song would go great in that venue with dramatic lighting...

• I think article gives the impression that they are filming it.  I really hope we get it on DVD.
  • rewak said:It's what they said on Twitter, and they've posted a few pictures of them laying out camera positions on the hall.

Oh!  But I am sure they will put the whole thing on DVD.  The
    have to!!!
  • Maybe they'll see how the gig goes then decide?
  • They'll probably only release it if the fans in the audience don't look too mental.

Oh... drat! ;)

• I was thinking the same after I typed the above @ping  If Alison is not happy with parts of it, it may not be used. Here's hoping they are two earth shattering shows!
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-11 07:09:27
  • ^^ best we get the masks then!
    Post edited by tweety at 2013-07-11 05:31:15
    "its MY favourite song"
  • tweety said:

^^ best we get the masks then!

Do it!!  Mine arrived this morning.  

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!